SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender Custom Shop Jazzmaster, relic, sonic blue

What's Hot
HattigolHattigol Frets: 8209
edited February 2022 in Guitars £

Selling my Fender CS Jazzmaster in a gorgeous Sonic Blue.

This is a very reluctant sale (aren't they always) but I have too many guitars and unfortunately, this one has to go.

Full details are on the spec sheet. It is an absolutely stunning guitar.

The relicing is as good as it gets. The blue has faded gorgeously and almost looks like a faded seafoam green in some lights.

Plays wonderfully with no issues. The Fender Custom Shop Jazzmaster pickups are just sublime - bright and focused but with real bottom end to the tone.

Comes with case and candy - please note that the first pictures I took were in my other Jazzmaster's case. The correct case is the one shown in the bottom two pictures. 

It has been modded and improved with the addition of a Mastery bridge, as pictured. Original not included.

Any questions, let me know. It's collection only from Harrogate although I might be able to travel a little to meet. 

Looking for £2,900. This would be over £4,500 new. No trades please. 

Thanks folks.

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5028
    I have played this. It's a beauty and enough to make me wish that I wasn't on a downsizing mission.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9475
    That’s one of the prettiest jazzmasters I’ve ever seen
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2230
    Very very nice
  • CryptidCryptid Frets: 406
    Oof. I'm not normally one for matching headstocks but that is outrageously tasty.

Someone buy my Hummingbird please! 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8209
    Thanks for the messages, folks. It is a genuinely stunning guitar.

All PMs now replied to. I'm guessing this might not be here for long.

Further pics will follow shortly. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Ok, an apology.

The first few pictures above were taken with it in my other Jazzmaster's case - sorry. The case it comes with is the one shown in the updated pictures above. The strap it comes with is the slim, tan leather one, not the replacement black one.

I have the Certificate, as per the pictures. It's a 2008 model, to those who were asking. 

I thought I had the Floor Traveller but I don't. I'll request it in the morning, although from the interest so far, I suspect it might be gone before then.

edited February 2022
    Sold.
    And unexpectedly back for sale.

Change in circumstances from a v apologetic Fretboarder. 

Still one of the nicest relics I've ever seen...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3847
    That's a great JM! 
    Loobs said:
    That's a great JM! 
    Thanks. It certainly is and plays as well as it looks...
    Sonic bump...
    OK, I'm going to come out of the closet. Oops, wrong thread. Never mind.

Anyway, I'm the apologetic Fretboarder. I'd played it briefly some time ago, and when it came up for sale, I was as excited as labrador locked in a sausage factory, so I said that I'd have it.

Well, young @Hattigol and I have done quite a few deals, so I went up to Harrogate to do a little missionary work in the area and also to pick the guitar up, and I'd somehow remembered (wrongly) that the neck was a big fat thing, which I've grown to be quite fond of recently. (Insert marriage joke of choice here).

Anyway, it was more 'normal' than I remembered  and @Hattigol very kindly said that he would be unhappy if I took it, if it wasn't the fat-necked monster that I'd remembered.  'No, no', I cried - 'a deal's a deal and I'll have it here and now' . 'No, I refuse to give it to you', he replied.

At this point, Kenneth Williams appeared and called for the matron.

Let me say this - first of all, he's an absolute gent for doing this, and although I'd have thoroughly recommended him as a seller before anyway, it was an impressive reaction, because I'd committed to it, and it's a reasonable chunk of cash to turn away.

Second, the Jazzmaster is utterly gorgeous and possibly even better in the flesh than it is in the pics. It's also lovely to play - anyone who buys this will not be disappointed.

Third - I've now bought another guitar from him, so that's even better. =)

Fourth - his dog, Honey, is beautiful.

Yours

Indecisive of Stafford. Probably.

Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Sold.
    Excellent! Good result for seller and buyer 
    Call me Dave.