SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB TV Jones 'Clip System' humbucker legs

What's Hot
Does anyone have a pair of the clips that convert a TV Jones Universal Mount pickup to standard humbucker fittings for sale?

I'm sure they have a more technical name than 'humbucker leg adaptor clip thingies', but hopefully you know what I mean :)

Will need PayPal and postage, please.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14581
    TV Jones calls them Clip System™ and offers them in Neck and Bridge sizes.

It is possible to achieve the same result with a strip of metal with four threaded holes tapped through it.

IIRC, @SteveRobinson engineered exactly such a solution for a project or repair. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7081
    edited February 2022 tFB Trader
    Yes, although that was for Gibson P-90 pickups. The instructions are on the TV Jones website:

If you have an older style (No Ears Mount) pickup that you want to mount in suspended style, there is a work around.

Make a skinny long bar out of aluminum, or hardwood. This will be used as your “ears” or "clips". Drill holes and to mount to pickup via wood or machine screws through the top of the pickup. Then drill 2 more holes where the pickup can attach to the ring/pick guard via springs and screws. Tap the hole to use with machine screw. Give us a call if you need a more in depth walk through.
  • romacromac Frets: 4
    Thanks, can see how that will work but I am away from home with limited tools for the foreseeable. Will keep my fingers crossed someone has some clips before I try to bodge a solution with a screwdriver and some lolly sticks
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 762
    edited February 2022
    Sorry, I don't have an adaptor for sale myself. 

The following might be helpful to yourself or others who see this thread. 

1) F-Holes in Sidcup sell quite a bit of TVJ stuff and may be able to help. They don't list the clips on their website, but you never know. 

2) Pre-Brexit I did buy the CrazyParts solution from them in Germany. Per pickup you'd need a threaded bar, a pair of no.3 x 48tpi machine screws and regular humbucker mounting screws and springs. The first two items (the important bits) can be found on the following page:

https://www.crazyparts.de/pickup-making-parts/filtertron-parts/index.php

However, I don't know what shipping/ duty would be post-Brexit.

3) Finally, if you have any need to buy from GFS (Guitar Fetish) in the US, they sell their own 'Tron style pickups (probably manufactured by Artec) and also sell an adaptor bar/ machine screw solution very similar to the CrazyParts one. I hope/assume it's made to the correct dimensions, but can' t confirm that. 

As an aside, and for Tele lovers, they also sell a vintage Tele style bridge cut for a Filtertron much like the one CrazyParts used to sell. 

Again, shipping/ duties would apply and probably make it an expensive option unless part of a larger order. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • romacromac Frets: 4
    Thanks @CasperCaster, that's superb!