Galloup guitars - specifically pre 2015 models

GRBaldwinGRBaldwin Frets: 24
edited February 2022 in Acoustics
Hi there,

Does anyone have experience with these guitars at all? I see that the post 2015 models are highly regarded and go for crazy money, seeing them on dream guitars and TNAG etc. It's the sort of money where no guitar can be that good really to justify that cost, but obviously they must be pretty tasty.

I've been offered what could potentially be a terrible trade, or a good one, on a 2007 model for 2 ,(yes 2), of my very high end guitars and I wonder what might be a resale value of a 2007 model going off from what even Brian Galloup says on his website..

"Even though I’ve made incredible sounding instruments, it was only in 2015 when I made guitar number #1501 that I achieved my goal. This guitar not only produced the sound, response and feel I was looking for, I knew I could reproduce it every time. This was the birth of the modern Galloup Guitar tone"

This is basically saying, 'I made pretty good guitars pre 2015, but they weren't as good as I wanted and now I make amazing instruments', so my question if anyone has played one is...what are they like and what would you say the general cost/resale of one from 2007 with Florentine cutaway, bear claw spruce top and Brazilian rosewood back and sides would be?

Here's a link to some pics of the Galloup. At least I hope so! I considered myself a reasonably intelligent person until trying to post pics on here. Can't for the life of me work out how to post pics in the discussion itself, always left with a ? box after following instructions. Perhaps someone can tell me how to do it as it's infuriating. Doing it from a MacBook btw if that changes anything?

https://imgur.com/a/Di6acEN

Cheers!

Graeme
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited February 2022
    not much help (sorry)  but quite literally have never heard of them.......... which now prompts me to "go google"

EDIT -  oh and BTW,  can't see any of your pics s 

EDIT II -   ok a (very) high end custom/luthier in the USA,  probably why they're not "so" well known over here.  As a custom builder Im not sure if they'd have a "distributor"  or outlet in the UK ?  (ie might stock 3 or 4 )  like Vintage and Rare , or The Acoustic Music Co."  perhaps 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • bertie said:
    not much help (sorry)  but quite literally have never heard of them.......... which now prompts me to "go google"

EDIT -  oh and BTW,  can't see any of your pics :s 
    No worries @bertie I always have a mare posting pics on here for some reason? It never works and I'm just left with a ? box. I've just added a link to the imgur folder.