SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1970 Yamaha FG-300 Sold

What's Hot
Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
edited March 2022 in Acoustics £
Classic

Ive had this a couple of years and now it’s time for something else

1969 or ‘70. Not entirely sure. Made in Japan
Original tuners with covers, nice. 
The pick guard is lifting, has been since I’ve had it. Other dings and scuffs as shown in the gallery
A nasty burn in the finish on the back, again it’s been with it since I’ve had it

The adjustable saddles have been replaced with a bone nut for good or Ill, can’t really say if it’s better or worse for it. Different. Maybe a tad more woodyness to the tone. But loads of saddle height so no problem with regard to needing a neck set. 

The necks on these are a little different to other FGs I’ve played. Less heft in the shoulders, almost soft V in shape and a tad wider at the nut

No belly or collapse in the top which they can be prone to

Collection in and around Bristol or I can post

Ta

https://imgur.com/a/h5cGg2d

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    I’ve sorted the Pickgaurd, oiled the board and bridge and polished the frets. New 80/20 12s on board also

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hell of a good reputation for these guitars. Is it a dreadnought or Jumbo,or smaller?
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    @guitarjack66 its a dreadnaught, a tad over 16” lower bought and a shade under 4.5” inches deep at the end pin