SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: Super Cheap Bass for Backing Tracks/Loops

What's Hot
geetarguy85geetarguy85 Frets: 51
edited April 2022 in Basses £
Hi all, I am toying again with the idea of buying a super cheap bass, just to record some backing tracks at home for my own use.

It doesn't need to be pretty, as long as it sounds ok, can stay in tune for a few mins, and doesn't have any structural problems.

Jazz or modern basses preferred, but I'd also consider a precision bass.

I have been considering one of the Harley Bentons but I'd rather reduce my eco impact and pick something up used if possible. 

Budget is £100, I can collect in the Worcestershire/Birmingham/Warwick area, or happy to pay for postage.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    You ought to be able to find a pre-owned Yamaha RBX170 within budget. Typically, they are abandoned birthday presents that turn up in charity shops or at car boot sales. (Remember those?

The RBX270 has better tuners and more adventurous colour schemes but this is irrelevant for home recording purposes. 

With a pickup upgrade, the Harley-Benton PB50 would do the job. (A noise-cancelling Stratocaster style pickup with "rails" polepieces or an EMG-S.) Ditto their MB-4 Stingray lookalike. Just wire it up with one volume and one tone control.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • On the hunt again! I’d like something with either humbuckers or a J / PJ config really. I’d also be interested in one of those Ibanez Mikro basses if anyone has one!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom