Played a dream club last night...

What's Hot
CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1361
edited February 2022 in Live
I was ticking off the checklist... they hardly dropped the ball:
  • Easy load in, load out - park car round back, open boot, carry gear 3 metres to rear fire exit door
  • 3 steps us to raised semi circular stage on left of door - enough room for 4 people (5 would be a squeeze)
  • power sockets -loads both sides of stage
  • rotating fan at far edge of stage (crikey that's a first!)
  • sizeable dance floor in front - and then behind seats, tables - and then a raised platform at back with more seating
  • long bar along far wall.
  • I was able to angle my guitar amp towards the wall just inside the fire exit - which meant no one was getting beamed but at the same time the club could hear me at a reasonable volume
  • 2 x 1 hour sets with a half hour break
  • toilets next to bar and near the stage on far wall - no "hunt for the latrines" activities needed (they were spotless as well...)
  • other half of club was quite room with pool and (full sized!) snooker table for those who didn't want to listen to our din
all in all pretty much tip top - other than stage lighting - could have done with a 4 or 5 small lights on ceiling pointing at stage.
You can tell the places where a bit of thought has gone into the layout and who's gonna be using it all...
full marks.
I wish they were all like this....
...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16138
    My idea of a Dream Club is Spearmint Rhino ..............but maybe that's just me !
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • My Bowie tribute band played a holiday park in Cornwall last weekend. When we arrived the organisers showed me a Matchless Lightening and Bad Cat amps I could use if I wanted to. The guy on the mixer does sound for Level 42. They were fab, nothing too much trouble, everything sorted. A dream come true and as you would expect, the gig went great...
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2294
    edited March 2022
    My Bowie tribute band played a holiday park in Cornwall last weekend. When we arrived the organisers showed me a Matchless Lightening and Bad Cat amps I could use if I wanted to. The guy on the mixer does sound for Level 42. They were fab, nothing too much trouble, everything sorted. A dream come true and as you would expect, the gig went great...
    Cool. I play in a Bowie tribute, my amp is… a Matchless Lightning!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2253
    Cool I dont play in a Bowie tribute but i do have a lightning.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4201
    Dominic said:
    My idea of a Dream Club is Spearmint Rhino ..............but maybe that's just me !
    That’s along the lines I was thinking of