Looks like a Boss RE-2 Space Echo is coming?

What's Hot
stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7148
edited February 2022 in FX
A few reports now that this will be a thing.

Anyone else seen them for sale anywhere?

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Would be nice to see one in the 200 format.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!! 
    If it’s standard compact size I’ll be ruddy well getting one
  • Oh sweet lord if this is real I will be all over it. The only things that stopped me buying an RE-20 were the size and that weird pre-amp thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylor said:
    Oh sweet lord if this is real I will be all over it. The only things that stopped me buying an RE-20 were the size and that weird pre-amp thing.
    I also found the always-on volume control/preamp was annoying despite being apparently true to the original.

I think sticking rigidly to the original control set also made it much less practical than it deserved to be. I think it was really missing control over subdivisions, modulation etc, and there was far too much duplication (reverb/no reverb) in the tape head selector which could have been used differently.

I moved over to using an El Capistan for that reason, but if Boss take a more practical view with the control set on a hypothetical RE-2 then I’d definitely have one on a board alongside the DM-2W
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Someone in a Facebook group I'm in took a punt on one of these. Wish I'd followed the post, I'd be curious to know what they actually end up with
  • roberty said:
    Someone in a Facebook group I'm in took a punt on one of these. Wish I'd followed the post, I'd be curious to know what they actually end up with
    If word in the TGP page on the subject is to be believed then the answer is probably... a refund.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    looks interesting. I'm amazed they haven't gone for the 200 form factor. would steal a load of volante/capistan users over that way I'm sure!
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited February 2022
    Really hope this is going to exist.
    The dual pedal RE-20 didn't cut it -- and I so wanted it to sound like the original. 
    For me, the compact pedal is perfect. 
    And in the grand tradition of punters never being quite satisfied... the Roland 301 had everything the 201 had and that incredible chorus.  I'd love one of those in a compact pedal.  (But no doubt someone else would say, "what about the 501?" ...
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 525
    Hey folks - any idea of the maximum delay time on the RE2 with single head? Can’t find anywhere. Cheers
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    26.2 said:
    Hey folks - any idea of the maximum delay time on the RE2 with single head? Can’t find anywhere. Cheers
    1200ms.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• 26.226.2 Frets: 525
    Gassage said:
    26.2 said:
    1200ms.
    More than I expected- thanks for that. 
  • nonesuchnonesuch Frets: 308
    Gassage said:
    26.2 said:
    1200ms.
    It seems be be impossible to find any official info online about the maximum delay time. I've been experimenting with my RE-2 that I got a few weeks ago, and trying to measure the delay in milliseconds...

In 'head 3' mode, I am getting a max delay time of approx* 570ms (*measuring the audio file in software)

I tried to use the tap tempo very slowly, and I was able to get 3000ms.

Anyone else have a RE-2 they could check?

Edit: Just re-read the manual and found out that you can change between normal mode and long mode.

From the manual:

Normal
    The [REPEAT RATE] knob operates in the same range as the Roland RE-201. The value for the tap delay time can be set to a maximum of one second.

Long
    The setting range for the [REPEAT RATE] knob is twice that of Normal mode. The value for the tap delay time can be set to a maximum of two seconds.