SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Yamaha MOXF6 61 key workstation synth

wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
edited March 2022 in Studio & Rec £
I'm not sure I want to sell this but it's not getting much love at the moment, stashed away in the cupboard for safe keeping. Comes with manuals, power supply, gig bag which has shoulder straps for carrying on your back if you desire and the 512MB memory upgrade pictured further down. There's also a generic dust cover in the bag, which is oversized for this synth but keeps the dust off.

Sounds lovely, features well beyond my attention span or ability and I'd certainly recommend watching youtube videos as they show its capabilities far better than I could, unless you want to hear a poor version of the intro to Axel F or Jump flushed 

Recently discovered the Sequential Take 5 which has piqued my interest for a twiddly knob synth compared to this more menu driven variety so considering selling to fund one of those, although I'm well aware that my lack of ability may well prove that to be a newly stored safe keeper. The MOXF6 has such a variety of good sounds which is what's making me think of keeping it with an aim of learning it and playing it at a later date.

Full specs available via Yamaha at https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/music_production/synthesizers/moxf/specs.html#product-tabs

Price is £525, collection from Crich in Derbyshire, not considering postage but would consider meet up within reasonable distance but obviously that comes with the caveat of not being able to trial it unless you have mobile transformer/generator capabilities.

There's a light scuff to the front left of the synth, it's not deep but rubbed across something enough to make a bit of a mark that can be seen in the right light. You can't really notice it but in the interest of full disclosure I'm pointing out it's not in as-new condition. There's no other noticeable marks beyond that, keys and buttons all play and function perfectly, or certainly did last time I played with it. I'll double check all of that to make sure once I get it back out of the cupboard (pictures were taken a while ago when I last ummed and ahhed about selling it only to keep it before putting it up for sale).

Full specs:
- Tone Generator: AWM2, with Expanded Articulation
- Polyphony: 128 notes
- Multi-timbral Capacity 16 parts: (Internal), A/D input part
- Wave: 741MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format), 3,977 waveforms
- Voice Preset: 1,152 Normal Voices + 72 Drum Kits
- GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit
- User: 384 Normal Voices + 32 Drum Kits
- Performance User: 256 (up to 4 parts)
- Filter: 18 types
- Effect System: Reverb x 9 types, Chorus x 22 types, Insertion ( A, B ) x 54 types x 8 parts, Vocoder x 1, Master Effect x 9 types, Master EQ, Part EQ
- Sequencer: block
- Note Capacity: Approx. 226,000 notes
- Note Resolution: 480 ppq (parts per quarter note)
- Maximum Polyphony: 124 notes
- Tempo: (BPM) 5 - 300
- Recording type: Real time replace, Real time overdub, Real time punch in/out (Song only), Step
- Tracks Song: 16 sequence Tracks (Loop on/off can be set for each Track), Tempo Track, Scene Track
- Pattern: 16 Phrase Tracks
- Pattern Chain: Pattern Track, Tempo Track, Scene Track
- Songs: 64 Songs
- Mixing Voices: 16 Voices per Song/Pattern (up to 256 Voices)
- Mixing Templates: 32 for all Songs and Patterns
- Scene Memory: 6 per Song
- Patterns: 64 Patterns (x 16 sections)
- Measures: 256 maximum
- Phrases User Phrases: 256 per Pattern
- Arpeggio Preset: 7,981 types
- User: 256 types
- Sequence Format: Original format, SMF format 0, 1 (Format 1 load only)
- Others Master User: 128
- Controllers: Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Assignable Knob x 8, [DATA] dial x 1, Assignable
- Function buttons: x 2
- Display: 240 x 64 dot, backlit LCD
- Connectors: OUTPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (standard phone jack), A/D INPUT [L]/[R] (standard phone jack), [PHONES] (standard stereo phone jack), [FOOT CONTROLLER], FOOT SWITCH [ASSIGNABLE]/[SUSTAIN], MIDI [IN]/[OUT]/[THRU], USB [TO HOST]/[TO DEVICE], DC IN
- Dimensions 1030mm x 358mm x 125mm (w x d x h)
- Weight 7.1kg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    Any love for a button filled audio monster?
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    Price drop bump, could post at a push, I think I have a large enough box in the loft but would prefer buyer to be happy with it in the flesh first. Great sounding versatile box of noise. Think I'm definitely looking to shift it now so that I can experiment with other options, don't be afraid :lol: