Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Marshall in a Box Pedals

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72642
    edited September 2013
    Wow... that Mesa V-Twin must have been really f***ed up to be worth doing that to it rather than fixing it...  :-O

(Although I'm guessing from the rust marks that it was.)

Have you seen what they sell for these days?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 134
    edited September 2013
    http://marauder.dtdns.net/vtwin/dscf4627.jpg

Oh yeah, it was fucked.

It's a friend's from Hoboken, Hurricane Sandy had it's wicked way with it, 4 ft of salt water.
    I fixed some of his pedals, but this was too far gone.  Corroded component legs and pads.

Somehow the tubes survived, but the only other thing I pulled off the board was a pair of vactrols.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72642
    lol

Ouch...

At least it lives again!

I assume you know that the V-Twin circuit is a rip-off of the Marshall JMP-1 but without all the digital control stuff, so it's somehow appropriate you've turned it into a Marshall :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom