SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Oil City Pickups

What's Hot
Im looking to try out a few oil city pickups
They can be uncovered,or covered.
And can be in any colour,but they must be for bridge position and 'F' spaced.
Looking to try:

1)Forces Sweetheart
2)Scrapyard Dog
3)Blitz Spirit

Also,has anyone tried the Beano,and the 63 PAF models ?
As well as well the three pickups i have listed above
If so,what are your thoughts on them

Ash has a very good rep on here,i dont own any of his pickups,but id like to change that.

Thanks in advance
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PhilMPhilM Frets: 279
    Absolutely love the Blitz Spirit in the bridge position on a Strat, for what it’s worth
  • Beano and Pat 63 are fantastic bridge pickups - both different beasts. The Beano is one of the better A4 bridge pickups I've tried, and surprised me as to how ballsy it was. It of course sounds like a PAF type pickup, but handled gain quite well too. PAT 63 is a very good T-top type pickup, plenty of bite to it. Either would definitely be worth a try, depending on what you want from a pickup. I tried both in a Les Paul, for context.

I have a set of Scrapyard Dogs in my PRS and in my opinion they are one of those reliable pickups that will sound good in just about anything. For someone who isn't obsessed with magnets and wire types, and if I didn't know much about their preferences, I would recommend these as a safe bet. The Scrapyard Dog Plus bridge, on the other hand, is an absolute beast. Handles high gain superbly, great for leads and cleans up nice too. 

Ash does fantastic work, definitely worth picking up some of his pickups (pun intended).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14581
    nacnudnai said:
    Scrapyard Dogs … one of those reliable pickups that will sound good in just about anything. 

The Scrapyard Dog Plus bridge, on the other hand, is an absolute beast. Handles high gain superbly, great for leads and cleans up nice too. 
    I have a SYD+ that I have tried in several - usually HSS - guitars. It has been consistently good, clean, crunchy or distorted.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Funkfingers is it F spaced,with 4 conductor wiring ?
    What colour is it,and what are you asking for it.
    My pickup is not for sale.

I was just posting to agree with nacnudnai. 
  • Ah, i see. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    I have a bunch of pickups I'm planning on selling, and one of them is an Oil City. I can't recall what it is now, but it has Dog written on it then something that is maybe a t or + then a B. [EDIT - looked at the site, so I guess a Scrapdog plus, Bridge].

Has a tatty metal cover.

• axisus said:
    I have a bunch of pickups I'm planning on selling,

Any Strat single coil sets?

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2427
    edited February 2022
    @nacnudnai summoning you given you can give your thoughts on the Beano and 63 (I think), and maybe have a Forces to shift?
    EDIT: Doh, just seen you already replied.
    Tim
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    axisus said:

A couple, not Oil city though,  but I think that's for a different thread ...
    axisus said:
    I *may* soon have a Stone Tone neck and middle pair available. Flush poles, hotter than standard wind (at the request of a previous owner). 

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Stones-y rock Strat. More Keef than that awful, trebly tone Woody used on the 1982/3 World Tour.

Perfect match for a SYD+ in the bridge/Treble position.