Socket jack nut and collar

What's Hot
edenfield99edenfield99 Frets: 349
edited February 2022 in FX
Anyone know where I can get a replacement socket nut and collar for a strymon peddle? I have a Lex and the right output socket is missing. I’ve only ever used it in mono so it’s never bothered me but I might sell it so I’d like it complete. I’ve seen ones from the us on eBay and strymons website but the carriage is expensive and hoping to find something in the uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    I have some. Can you post a pic of one of the other ones out of the pedal, so I can see what the thread is like? There are a lot of varieties, and the wrong one won't fit.

If not, don't worry too much - I can send you a few different ones. PM me your address.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7246
    edited February 2022
    Photo of the sockets:

The metal bezel type nut LOOKS as though it is much the same as the ones on these cheap plastic-bodied jack sockets:
    where the outside circumference of the back end of the bezel is threaded, as opposed to this kind that has a threaded nut:

It might be worth buying a couple of those sockets and gently testing to see whether the threaded back end does go into an internally threaded collar inside the case.  One problem that you might well find if is does screw in is that the threaded part of the bezel is too long for what it is screwing into, and that's the reason they sell those sockets with a couple of plastic washers, i.e. to act as spacers for going through various thicknesses of material like a speaker cab or a metal mounting plate.

You MIGHT be able to saw down the length of the threaded part and smooth the cut end with a fine file if the thread does match but it is too long.

If I am seeing it wrong and it is a standard nut on a threaded socket with a nice domed washer, just ignore this post.
    BillDL said:

Photo of the sockets:
    Doesn't help unfortunately, they all look like that from the outside. You need to see the thread sideways on to have any hope of getting one that fits - there are probably at least half a dozen different ones.

BillDL said:

It might be worth buying a couple of those sockets and gently testing to see whether the threaded back end does go into an internally threaded collar inside the case.  One problem that you might well find if is does screw in is that the threaded part of the bezel is too long for what it is screwing into, and that's the reason they sell those sockets with a couple of plastic washers, i.e. to act as spacers for going through various thicknesses of material like a speaker cab or a metal mounting plate.

You MIGHT be able to saw down the length of the threaded part and smooth the cut end with a fine file if the thread does match but it is too long.
    Don't bother, I'm very sure I have the right one, it's just a question of which.

I'm trying to clear some of the junk out of my workshop, don't stop me now! :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633
    I am sure IC will come up with the goods but if not PM me. I have not thrown away a nut, screw, washer or jack bezel this last 30 years.

Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7246
    Old habits with my improvised suggestions I'm afraid.  It goes back to times when I was skint and I had to improvise solutions.
  • Big big thanks to ICBM for sorting me out with a replacement. All sorted now 
  • Fair play, @ICBM deserves some kind of award for service to this community  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • snooksnook Frets: 34
    @ICBM do you know of anywhere you can source these replacement Jack nut/collars from in the UK?
    snook said:
    @ICBM do you know of anywhere you can source these replacement Jack nut/collars from in the UK?
    You mean other than from the spares boxes belonging to current and former amp techs? :)

No, as far as I know they can only be bought with the jacks.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom