SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Phantom Power Supply - Sorted

What's Hot
HoarasaurusHoarasaurus Frets: 110
edited February 2022 in Studio & Rec £
Anyone got any going unused? Must give out a definite 48vDC, as I know some are a little exageratted in their claims.

It's actually not to power a Microphone, but a HH Clockwork Concubine flanger.
Lots of Nice Guitars, and not enough pedals!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Curious about this and just read your thread about it where you said
     he did point me to Mike Ameson at MAJ Electonic, who corrected my thoughts; as he put it:

"Your first mistake is listening to the F idiots on the internet...

The Flanger DOES NOT run on +/- 18V rails. 18V would KILL the Reticon delay chip...

Internally it uses+/-16 V rails, but these are derived from the amplifiers main +/- 50 V supply to the Din plug."

so if you put 48v into it it’s going to kill the chip, or are you going to step down from 50v
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Sounds to me like it needs +/- 50V applied via the DIN plug, so +/- 48V Phantom power should work OK. The pedal will step that 48v down to +/- 16V internally.

Can you post the schematic, @Hoarasaurus ?
  • Ah, yes. I can see how that would be confusing. But it is clarified further downthe posts. 
    The pedal normally receives 50vDC from the old HH amps, but resistors, internal to the pedal, bring it down to 16vDC.

Other less reliable forums have suggested people to remove those resisitors, and power it using 18v. Which is what would kill the chip! 

• Gotcha.
  • Sounds to me like it needs +/- 50V applied via the DIN plug, so +/- 48V Phantom power should work OK. The pedal will step that 48v down to +/- 16V internally.

Can you post the schematic, @Hoarasaurus ?
    You are correct, according to Mike at MAJ.

I'd love to post the schematics, but feel torn. Mike is quite protective of being the custodian of all things HH (his website definitly gives me the impression that he's been messed around in the past. It cost me £11 to buy it. I feel it best to do the honourable thing, and not... 
  • Aha, you weren't replying to me first time! :)

Yes, you're right about the schematics. Shame.

R.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorted. 
    Managed to find a good mains powered StudioSpares one on Reverb...