SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

***PRICE REDUCTION NOW £900 - Ramirez - *ONE OF TWO HANDMADE* Single Cutaway Steel String Acoustic

What's Hot
tsj93tsj93 Frets: 56
edited June 2023 in Acoustics £
Ramirez Acoustic, one of two handmade by Jose Ramirez' daughter. Bought from the reputable Joe Dobson of Joseph Kaye Guitars / JKG The London Workshop. He's known on here but check him out  on FB too

X bracing, Mahogany neck, Rosewood back and sides Cedar top. It's a lovely guitar and sounds great, I just need to move it on unfortunately.

I haven't gigged this at all and stays well protected in its case, very minor use at home.

£900 ONO, based in Herts but can travel to London. Can discuss travel arrangements if interested. 

PICS

https://postimg.cc/gallery/bzVBCbh
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tsj93tsj93 Frets: 56
    edited March 2022
    edited March 2022
  • myrmanmyrman Frets: 69
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    myrman said:
    thank you so much!

PICS ADDED THANKS TO MYRMAN, SEE LINK BELOW

https://postimg.cc/gallery/bzVBCbh
    REDUCED, NOW £1500
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11901
    How do you know it was handmade by Jose Ramirez' daughter?

How do you know it was handmade by Jose Ramirez' daughter?

this was what was relayed to me by Joe Dobson, who is a reputable luthier here in the UK. You can also reach out to him if you want
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11901
    have you got a better photo of the label inside the guitar?

have you got a better photo of the label inside the guitar?

let me take one and upload it
    bump
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    I hope that I can help clarify the origin of these guitars a little. I have a Ramírez 2NCWE, which has pretty much the same label as this guitar. It says at the top of the label that it's a studio guitar and at the bottom that it was "Inspected, adjusted and certified by Ramírez". These guitars are made for Ramírez by other makers - probably in factories in Spain - but not made by Ramírez and certainly not by his daughter. Amalia Ramírez is often credited with designing and/or creating guitars in the Studio range but she will not have had a hand in making them. The confusion might have come from the fact that she is described as having created the guitar (design).

It's certainly the only steel-string acoustic Ramírez I've ever seen and may well have been a prototype for a model that they didn't go into production with.

I hope that helps and doesn't look like I'm challenging the claim in the original post.
    ADP said:
    I hope that I can help clarify the origin of these guitars a little. I have a Ramírez 2NCWE, which has pretty much the same label as this guitar. It says at the top of the label that it's a studio guitar and at the bottom that it was "Inspected, adjusted and certified by Ramírez". These guitars are made for Ramírez by other makers - probably in factories in Spain - but not made by Ramírez and certainly not by his daughter. Amalia Ramírez is often credited with designing and/or creating guitars in the Studio range but she will not have had a hand in making them. The confusion might have come from the fact that she is described as having created the guitar (design).

It's certainly the only steel-string acoustic Ramírez I've ever seen and may well have been a prototype for a model that they didn't go into production with.

I hope that helps and doesn't look like I'm challenging the claim in the original post.
    Hi, thanks for that, very interesting to know so I appreciate you chiming in. With regards to the handmade element, I was told that because it’s the only steel string it was a handmade one. Had it not been steel string it would have been a production model.
    @ADP , what bracing is yours?
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    I haven’t checked it, but mine is a nylon-string, so it will have standard fan bracing.
    ok cool - mine has X bracing which again points to it being a non-production model
    bump, open to offers
    BUMP. This needs to go so open to offers
    BUMP
    NOW £900