SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN - Waterloo WL-K

camfcamf Frets: 1191
edited June 2022 in Acoustics £
I love this guitar in every way bar one... I just can't get used to the 2 3/8th string spacing. It's perfect for fingerpicking but I'm mainly strumming and singing these days and I'm happier with the narrower, Gibson-style 2 3/16th spacing. I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there with something similar - smaller body, short scale - who wishes they had the wider string spacing for easier finger-picking. Collings seem to have suspended production of the Waterloo guitars and that may be permanent, so these highly appreciated guitars might have even greater value. I'm tempted to keep it and continue working to adapt my playing style, but I just thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone has anything interesting. Comes with usual very high quality Collings case.

WITHDRAWN!

https://i.imgur.com/W1CBmjZ.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 721
    Nothing to trade, but let me know if you decide to sell (assuming I’d have the funds, I’d be interested - though would need posting). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Cheers Bruce. I’m more interested in a trade at the moment but I’ll let you know if that changes. I’ll give more details and photos soon but I reckon anyone looking at the WL-K will already have a pretty good idea about these guitars. I’m based in Edinburgh but given the current times, I’d be quite up for getting in the car and having a bit of a day out for anything of interest. 
    Still looking for a trade/swap for something short-scale, smaller-bodied, roughly 2&3/16th string spacing and sort of in a northern location. 
    Still looking! 
    Any interest from those of us in Northern Britain? :)