NAD

What's Hot
BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 412
edited March 2022 in Acoustics
AER compact 60/4. What to say? Pretty bloody good. Decent price from Coda. I'll enjoy using this - first gig with it on Saturday.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChoivertChoivert Frets: 64
    Nice! What are you running into it? Which pickup or mic?
  • BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 412
    edited March 2022
    Shure Beta58A for vocals and a Fishman rare earth blend (with just a little bit of internal mic) fitted in a Tanglewood parlour. I just tried it for a couple of numbers at an open mic to check it was good enough to handle Saturday's gig. Apparently, I sounded better through the AER than through the house pa (which isn't that high quality). 

I'm still wondering if putting a £80 harmoniser pedal in the chain (tc helicon voicelive) is a good idea. Audience comments indicate the harmoniser is a good idea - but I'm reluctant to shell out another £300 on a new mic while it is going through that pedal. 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    A vocal harmonizer ?  That effect sounds really good in small doses, leave it on too long and you sound like Cher in Life After Love ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jalapeno said:
    A vocal harmonizer ?  That effect sounds really good in small doses, leave it on too long and you sound like Cher in Life After Love ;)
    You are right. I don't think I overdo it - no one has complained so far. Just the opposite.

And I like it that I have control of it. I don't really like reverb on my voice but a lot of sound engineers seem to think it is an enhancement that should be applied to all voices, so they set it and leave it. It drives me mad. At least I can turn the harmoniser off myself and just use it for some lines - usually in a chorus. 

If I do a cover of Life After Love, I shall splash it all over
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72497
    If I do a cover of Life After Love, I shall splash it all over
    I think that goes with If I Could Turn Back Time.

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Oh no. I feel a medley coming on