SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Oil City workshop clear out March:

OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10439
edited March 2022 in Parts £ tFB Trader
Set of nickel covered Forces sweetheart alnico 4 PAF style humbuckers. Vintage wired, long leg 50mm Gibson spacing.
These have had a very short stint at demo use so tiny playing marks on the covers and we  can't sell them as new ... however they will be boxed and covered by our usual warrantee. Normal new price £164.00 
£110.00 delivered boxed and guaranteed SOLD
Pair of Afterburner finish Blackbird Ulfbert pickups ... these are really a bit special:
clear bobbin four conductor classic 52mm bridge 50mm neck with hex bolt poles and square mounting feet.For those who don't know: The Ulfberht version of the blackbird was built to have an even tighter bass response than the standard Blackbird while not pushing the output up more than a shade, and keeping the clarity there. 
These were a special order for a guitar company (not in the UK) who have somewhat hit hard times and had to cancel after they were built, 
These would normally be £230.00 plus delivery
They can be yours for £165.00 delivered, new, boxed and guaranteed
SOLD 

Blackbird bridge pickup in black 'no hole' cover (hex poles and black 50mm bobbins under cover)
This pickup and the prototype listed after were built for a customer who lost his job in the pandemic ... we refunded him but are stuck with the pickups. 
Not every ones cosmetic taste so going for £60.00 delivered boxed and guaranteed  SOLD

High power Strat prototype 
This was built to be twinned with this custom pickup ... basically it's my take on the old Dimarzio distortion Strat pickup that Yngwie Malmsteen used to use - it's a roughish prototype and the cover is non removable - it's been workshop tested so can't say it's new or a production example - we were going to make a second one for the customer but the pandemic intervened. The design may still surface as an Oil City Masterwound at some point ... bit this is a chance to try what for the moment is a one off and will be labeled Masterwound. it's DCR is 8k and it's powered by twin ceramic magnets 
£40.00 delivered (although it's a prototype I'll offer a full guarantee on it)
or if you take its Blackbird friend above: I'll do the pair for £80 delivered! SOLD

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    edited March 2022
    I’ll have the Forces Sweethearts please Ash.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10439
    tFB Trader
    Rowby1 said:
    I’ll have the Forces Sweethearts please Ash.
    Sold to the man 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14432

if you take its Blackbird friend above, I'll do the pair for £80 delivered!
    Interested.

Is the humbucker the A4 9.7k for neck position or the A5 13k for bridge?

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Looks as if I'm on yet another Ignore List. 
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    edited March 2022
    Looks as if I'm on yet another Ignore List. 
    No, Ash has gone away for the weekend. He told me that when I PM’d him on Weds. 
    Not to worry. The council tax demand arrived this afternoon.  :#
  • FRockStarFRockStar Frets: 140
    edited March 2022
    Ash is taking time to unwind from the grind of the wind  s .. 

I'm also interested in the SC but slightly confused.. is it for bridge or neck? What's the spacing? 
    edited March 2022
    FRockStar said:
    I'm also interested in the SC but slightly confused.. is it for bridge or neck? What's the spacing? 
    I assumed that it was to the same "DiMarzio" spacing as other OCP single coils for Stratocaster.

Meanwhile, the money that I might have spent on the £80 clearance offer - purely to satisfy my curiosity - can now go towards a neck/Rhythm position humbucker for my Heartfield Talon III project. 

B: SYD+
    M: 8k-ish Stonetone
    N: ?