SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Alan Dingwall Tele pickups

What's Hot
ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
Any knocking about?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MajorDudeMajorDude Frets: 77
    You should drop Alan a message on his Spiritpickups.com website to see what he has available
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    I’ve got them in my MJT tele he put together for me. 
    Best sounding tele I’ve owned, and I’ve had a few
    #thebatesmotelband
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    BGG said:
    I had a chat with him yesterday, really nice, interesting bloke and so enthusiastic. Seems like an Anglo version of Ron Ellis but cheaper! 

What is the neck pickup like on your set? He seems to mainly use traditional brass covers. 
  • MajorDudeMajorDude Frets: 77
    Zoolooter said:
    BGG said:
    I had a chat with him yesterday, really nice, interesting bloke and so enthusiastic. Seems like an Anglo version of Ron Ellis but cheaper! 

What is the neck pickup like on your set? He seems to mainly use traditional brass covers. 
    Alan is a great bloke. I had one of his bridge pickups in a Donahue Tele I sold during Lockdown....great Tele twang, lots of bite but not harsh. Currently have Spirit pickups in my Strat and es335...they replaced Lollar Dirty Blonde and Bare Knuckle Mule sets respectively. I'm really enjoying them.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    MajorDude said:
    Zoolooter said:
    BGG said:

Alan is a great bloke. I had one of his bridge pickups in a Donahue Tele I sold during Lockdown....great Tele twang, lots of bite but not harsh. Currently have Spirit pickups in my Strat and es335...they replaced Lollar Dirty Blonde and Bare Knuckle Mule sets respectively. I'm really enjoying them.
    He is a nice bloke, had a long chat with him about pickups in general which was very interesting. Very accommodating as he’s sending me two sets to try, A3 and A5. Bit of a wait because he had to order in thin nickel covers for the necks. 
  • Alan is one of the best dudes I’ve ever dealt with in the guitar industry, such a pure and genuine love of what he does. For vintage correct stuff he’ll be the first and only person I go to now, also very well priced for such painstakingly vintage accurate parts. 

He wound me a set of P90’s for my R4 and they are just sublime, every bit as good as the originals in my ‘56 Special.