Voting for Riff of the Month (RotM) #73

Welcome to the voting thread for Riff of the Month (RotM) #73. Feel free to vote and comment in this thread.

Vote for your top 3 entries. If you're an entrant you can't vote for yourself.

1st choice gets 5 points
2nd choice gets 3 points
3rd choice gets 1 point

Voting will end at midnight 31st March 2022.

The top three will be announced after the voting closes. No prizes. It's just for fun.

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    5 points: @stratman3142 - the riff had a kind of sunny morning feel (I haven't been on drugs or anything, really; but aye, proper music to blast from a car I could be driving at this very moment, surrounded by mountains, heading for a ravishing lake in the Patagonia, where I am now actually). I might have picked out Springywheel's one if I'd been in the teeming city, or just in a different mood.

3 points: @Springywheel - the riff tore my head off and made me headbang, literally. This one might've been the chosen one if I was in a differente mood, or on a different day. Both were beyond amazing and radically different. There was a skirmish inside my head.

1 point: @jeroenvanhulsteijn - nice atmosphere. I like how that guitar sort of turned into a different instrument. I would've been great if that guitar had been joined by some bass and drums. 
  • 5 points @stratman3142 Title fits the song perfectly. With the sun shining gets and this song in the background brings spring in the house.

3 points @IvanMC Great riff. Very catchy. This would be the kind of riffs I'd that made me wanna play guitar in the first place.

1 point @Springywheel I really like the industrial feel to this. The dude in the Paco Rabanne Invictus commercial would really come out as a tough guy with this as a background music instead of a hairy barbie ken exploited plastic.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2202
    5 points : @Springywheel : Heavy and dirgy (in a good way), with an easter flavour. Lots of character.

3 points : @IvanMC : Exciting power rock riffing. I would have preferred to hear the guitar parts a bit more up front.

1 point : @jeroenvanhulsteijn : An interesting layered effect with the echo. Sometimes your lo-fi approach works and gives things an interesting charm, but I think there are some quite harsh tones/resonances in this one. With a better tone, this could have been a winner, because there are good ideas in there.

It's not a competition.
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 254
    5 pts : @Springywheel
    1 pt   : @IvanMC ;

@jeroenvanhulsteijn I liked yours too, but could only give points to three.
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited March 2022
    5pts - @stratman3142 ;;;;  - Very nice - sounds like you're hybrid picking? 
    3 pts - @IvanMC - Great riff and nice bass playing too 
    1 pts - @jeroenvanhulsteijn ;;;;I agree with Stratman re: the harsh sound, but still some great licks. 

edited March 2022
    @stratman3142 ... sounds like you're hybrid picking? 

I had to go back and figure out what I did. I think it was hybrid picking and not finger picking, although it could be played either way.

It's not a competition.
    Voting ends tomorrow (31st March) at midnight.

It's not a competition.
    Voting ends tonight at midnight.

It's not a competition.
    Voting closed.

It's not a competition.