SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Wilkinson WVS50IIK Chrome plz

GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
Anyone got a  Wilkinson WVS50IIK Chrome sitting in a draw they want to sell on ? this one.

Shipping on my order from oversea's was messed up for the 2nd time so i'll try here before going to evilbay.

Cheers
Gizmo

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    I have one. I need to check whether it is all there and whether the baseplate finish is satin or shiny chrome.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    I have one. I need to check whether it is all there and whether the baseplate finish is satin or shiny chrome.

Hey @Funkfingers ; I Just came to post that ive just sorted/grabbed one used/as new from evilbay for £28 delivered, but i would be intrested in grabbing a 2nd to replace the 5 screwbridge on my Modder J&D strat, shout if you manage to dig it out :)

btw you still have that Heartfeild Talon? i cant recall which version you said yo had?

Cheers
    Talon V, ex-Harry Seven, with a fair amount of the finish patina of which he is so fond.

Imagine a 22-fret RG with HSH pickups and Kahler Steeler double locking vibrato system.

Currently sans pickups and controls.

The time, money and effort that I ought to have put into the Heartfield went instead on several Charvel Model series guitars and a Sterling AX40.
    This one from H7 ?

That's a Talon III right ?

Humm i have been holding out for a V/pro floyd 24fret for a while...getting a bit ichy ;)  are you looking to move it on and if so how many beer tokens are you after for it?

Any luck on digging out the Wilko trem?

Cheers
    Steve
    Gizmo said:
    This one from H7 ?

Very like that. I recognise the crude chip repair on the edge of the body. A close-up of the headstock would confirm whether it is the same guitar.

Gizmo said:
    Any luck on digging out the Wilko trem?
    Yeah but no but …

I have located my WVS50. It all seems to be there - including, to my amazement, all of the allen keys. One of the saddles looks tarnished. I shall have to try to clean it.

Gizmo said:
    Talon III? 

are you looking to move it on and, if so, how many beer tokens are you after for it? 
    Would you be willing to accept a guitar in this condition? 

Is there any gear that you are looking to offload?

I could imagine doing an H7-style value for value exchange involving the Wilkinson and Heartfield. 

I also have business pending with H7. I begin to foresee a road trip in the near future.

Great, Can you PM me some pics of the Talon and a ball park price?  i only have a few project guitars that are up for modding that i can throw at trades, those beting a Vester Manic II, a Squire Showmaster in pink & an Samick kj-560 in neon yellow (needs a refret)  i do have so stuff up forsale on evilbay atm but they are all in the £700+ range.

Cheers
    Steve
    Gizmo said:
    Vester Manic II, Squier Showmaster, Samick kj-560.
    I had to look up two of those. Unfortunately, I suspect that it is not in my interests to exchange. 

The Heartfield has the distinct advantage of the Kahler vibrato system. I have decided that I ought to install some pickups and give the Talon a proper trial before deciding its fate.

Meanwhile, there is still the Wilkinson vibrato. Retail prices vary from £43 to £48. Two thirds of that plus shipping is going to be within a tenner of brand new warrantied. 

Once again, a value for value hardware exchange would make more sense.