Avalon Guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 947
    Nice. Jealous doesn't even start to desscribe ;)

Trust it'll do all you want it to

Have fun mate :+1:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Did you spec the one piece neck. My pioneer has a 5 piece which I thought was standard
  • Did you spec the one piece neck. My pioneer has a 5 piece which I thought was standard

The spec is a 2 piece neck although the website shows a 5 piece neck. Provided it is stable, I couldn't care less. However, my Ard Ri has a 5 piece neck. I can't see the advantage if properly done and at the price I'm paying, it should be properly done.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    In case anyone is interested, my new guitar build should be available via this link: https://we.tl/b-iwENdsMy9y

Spec - Cedar top, walnut B&S, L R Bags Anthem SL pick up. The rest is standard Pioneer - see the Avalon web pages.

Enjoy.
    Wow that's lovely  :o
  • It finally arrived today and, given it's still tight, it sounds wonderful I'm over the moon. All it needs to do now is get run in. Can't wait.

Thanks for your interest and watch this space.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @TheMadMick ;

Pleased for you mate. Happy NGD :) 
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 236
    @TheMadMick that link doesn't work on my mobile - any chance of an embedded pic? I'd love to see it but getting the laptop going takes forever :#
    Glad it finally arrived for you anyway. Enjoy!  :)
  • Soupman said:
    @TheMadMick that link doesn't work on my mobile - any chance of an embedded pic? I'd love to see it but getting the laptop going takes forever :#

Sorry bro, can't embed for some reason. Maybe a new laptop? Macbooks are excellent but not cheap.

Otherwise thanks for your good wishes.
  • +1 would love to see and hear this...
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5463
    Soupman said:
    The hosting site is a bit weird, @Soupman Using Vivaldi, I get an insane error message  - "Honey, you shrunk the browser
    To view your items, you need to expand your browser window. - And this using full screen on a big, photographic-standard monitor! But it opened OK in Firefox. Some idiot tried to do some fancy tricks with Javascript and screwed the pooch. 

@TheMadMick - did I say already what a lovely instrument it looks?
  • TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 241
    edited October 2022
    Here's a much better rendition than I could manage: https://www.avalonguitars.com/cmsfiles/audio/L10EQ1_Mark_Lyttle.mp3

It looks a lot like: https://www.avalonguitars.com/pioneer/120 Except the rosewood is walnut which looks quite a bit lighter brown.

Hope this helps.
    @TheMadMick ; very pleasing tone. Nice bass and trebles. Looks good, too. Well worth the wait.

:) 
  • There are only 2 problems for this way of doing things:

a) the wait - and the dreadfully slow responses sometimes.

b) I bought the Auditorium size which I thought to be about the same size as a concert or OM. It's actually only a fraction smaller than my Guild Jumbo. Teach me to measure up before ordering. Might have been better with the smaller size - but to late now.

Anyway, back to running it in. Thanks again for all your feedback and interest.
  • I have an Avalon L2-20C. I've played a dreadnought for years and wanted a change. They are sizable but very comfortable to play. I've had mine a few months now and it's really starting to flex and bed in nicely. It was very stiff at first but not in a bad way. Just new. Glad you're enjoying yours. Best guitar decision I've ever made.
  • Great looking guitar!
    I was worried about the body size of the one I got but TBH doesn't bother me much at all. The neck is a tad rounder/beefier than I go for but it's a divine sound. Look forward to hearing more as you play it some more!
  • There are only 2 problems for this way of doing things:

a) the wait - and the dreadfully slow responses sometimes.

b) I bought the Auditorium size which I thought to be about the same size as a concert or OM. It's actually only a fraction smaller than my Guild Jumbo. Teach me to measure up before ordering. Might have been better with the smaller size - but to late now.

Anyway, back to running it in. Thanks again for all your feedback and interest.
    I found this out,that a Grand Auditorium is pretty much a dreadnought by another name.
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5463
    "Grand Auditorium" is probably the most ill-defined guitar size and shape out there. It can mean practically anything, from a  concert-size guitar right through to a medium jumbo. 

Added to that, different guitars seem bigger and smaller than they really are. Just the other day, for some reason I forget already, I measured three of mine and discovered that the one I'd always thought was second-smallest is actually larger than the "big" one. It feels smaller on my knee, it looks smaller to the casual eye, but when you measure it it is actually a little bit bigger. 

It is, of course, billed as a "Grand Auditorium". :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • It finally arrived today and, given it's still tight, it sounds wonderful I'm over the moon. All it needs to do now is get run in. Can't wait.

I can't believe how quickly this instrument is opening up. The treble started out a bit thin but now had a "thickness" about it that allows single note melody picking to come out clearly. The bass - formerly a bit mehh - has deepened and loosened to an extent that it sounds a lot like a very articulate dread.

I can't get over how fortunate I am to own such an instrument - it's way better than my capability but I'm certainly not complaining; quite the converse.

By the by, the size isn't an issue more a surprise!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Glad you re enjoying it so much more - they are beautiful instruments.