dodgy LP listings!

Comments

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Against the rules possibly, although he does state in the listing that he has it for sale elsewhere. He's basically keeping his options open so he can pull the cheaper listing if it's going for less than he wants.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5048
    What a twat, a guitar shop should know better, and of course it's against the rules. I've flagged it so I wonder how long it will take eBay to step in.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • There's all sorts of scams on ebay, one lister regularly puts items up for 99p no reserve and blatantly shill bids to put the price up to what they want for it (or cancels the auction late)... 
    The items are then mysteriously relisted under another username (same description, postage charges, photos, town etc) I've reported it several times, but I guess that as long as they pay their fees eBay aren't that fussed. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7877
    yes, evilBay don't give a damn.  They only want your money.

I hate selling there, the amount of money they take is shocking.

Marlin
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22898
    edited August 2014
    I've seen double-listings before, but hadn't really thought about it.  I suppose if they were both Buy It Now, or BIN/Best Offer, it wouldn't really matter because you're not shafting any actual bidders if it sells on one of the two listings. 

But in this case, that Kossoff LP has been bid up to £1,020 (at the moment) so surely that high bidder should have priority over the second listing, which has no bids.  I'm sure there's no evil intent, but it's not quite cricket.  The higher priced listing ends today, but I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls the first listing before the end if the price doesn't go high enough.  

I was going to do some eBaying myself this weekend... stupidly left it too late to avoid the increase in selling fees.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I never take any guitar on eBay, based in Sunderland seriously! His past listings always involve a face palm!
  • @mrchi I think we're talking about the same folk. £17.50 delivery and Location of Sunderland on one account & "North East" on the other. Usernames are Guitar... or Toms... I think.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    @stimpsonslostson I think you could be right my good man! :-D
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Bloke's infamous on Facebook for cancelling, after the fact, and re-listing, if the winning bid isn't high enough! Bent as...
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• matonematone Frets: 211
    As Fretfinder said,he`s a proper twat !
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22898
    And there we go, the low-start auction listing's been ended "because there was an error in the listing"   Very unfair on the bidders.  :|