Gibson LG2 American Eagle.

ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
Anybody got one of these or tried one? Just wondering what they're like and what would be a reasonable price to pay for one. Checked the usual sites ebay etc, seems about £1200 is roughly a ball park figure but it seems a lot to me compared to J15, J35 prices.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 947
    In sound and feel, it's a smaller version of the J-45. It can handle hard strumming but sounds good fingerpicked too, at least the one I tried was like this. Very comfortable to play seated. I'd recommend you try, though, rather than buy online :) 
  • GomersGomers Frets: 17
    Traded my 2018 LG-2 AE a few weeks ago.  They are great little guitars, very comfortable to play, does have that dry-ish, light, breezy sound typical of Gibson but with less of the 'thump' associated with a J45.  The build quality on mine was very good and for me, the slim taper neck profile and 1.72" nut is one of my favourites.  £1200 does appear to be the going rate used these days unfortunately, new they're over £2k now !

I only traded as I was after the richer dynamics that I found in my 00-18 but my LG-2 was a cracking little guitar with a nice helping of character.
    2008 Martin 000-15
     2004 Yamaha LL-500
    1995 Yamaha LA-8