Any IT contractors here?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• @Bod OK mate ... fwiw I've come to the conclusion that the reason for going to work is to earn money. natch you balance the amount you have to put yourself out to earn that money against the lifestyle you want outside of work (which is why I don't earn as much as a suit wearer who lives out of a suitcase and spends a lot of his time in hotels and aeroplanes). It's nice if you can have a job that (in part, at least) gives you some kind of satisfaction, as does mine, but the prime requirement is to give you the lifestyle you want. So if your job is crap, so long as it feeds clothes and houses you & your family, funds your GAS, keeps your hi-fi together etc and does whatever else you need it to without making you ill, don't argue. There will usually be alternative jobs with less money that are even worse ... what was it Bob Dylan said "Don't go mistaking paradise for that house across the road" ...?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1316
    @Phil_aka_Pip wise words mate - thanks.  

I do have a habit of focusing on the negative when I should be looking at the positives.  I have three children, and they're the reason I continue at it, and currently the job does allow me to get home in good time to yell at them until it's time for them to go to bed, and also doesn't infringe on my weekend/evenings so that's a massive plus.  It is just the job satisfaction that is zero, and that bothers me the most.  It'll get there I'm sure...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Bod you're not doing too badly, mate. There are 168 hours in a week and if only 40 of them are tedious yet you get paid for them, you're laughing compared to most people. Best of luck with inventing ways to make the job more tolerable without upsetting too much them that have control over how much you make out of it. :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    and if you're spending 56 of them sleeping you're doing well.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • frankus said:
    and if you're spending 56 of them sleeping you're doing well.
    persactly. I wish I could

• CHRISB50;339065" said:
    Not contracting but in a perm role.

I'm an SAP consultant / business analyst for a large foreign blue chip. It pays ok hence I'm still doing it but my god it's dull.
    Snap although I work more in the technical architecture field.