SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Strat Pickups - Foley 60s pre cbs & Montys Retrowind

scovell001scovell001 Frets: 60
edited April 2023 in Parts £
Mark Foley 60s Pre CBS Strat Pickups vintage stagger 9.5” radius £250 posted ppg  - Stunning pickups, absolutely true to vintage sound wise - bought from Mark in Oct ‘20 - these pickups would work absolutely perfectly in a rosewood board strat, they’re lowish output, extremely clear, a wonderful clucky quack in pos 2 especially, with a srv style neck - only selling as I have an ash/maple strat & they just don’t suit that guitar - very tempted to just sit on these tbh as you’ll struggle to get a set ! - I don’t have the box unfortunately (basic recyclable square box), but do have a box to ship & will package them up well. Leads haven’t been cut in any way, absolutely perfect condition.

Montys pre 65 Retro-Wind pickups 9.5” radius, flat pole, alnico 2 magnets brand new unopened ! - £230 posted ppg. These are a brand new ‘prototype’ Pickup from Montys guitars - I was specifically looking for a smoother Knopfler sounding pickup for my strat & Matt recommended & wound me these pickups that aren’t even released yet !!! - only selling as I’ve decided to stick with the original pickups in my Strat as they seem to totally suit the guitar. Just looking for what I paid & your chance to get some amazing pre-release pickups from Montys

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• peanutspeanuts Frets: 180
    edited April 2022
    Are the Monty's staggered to 9.5 by special request? Any other specs ? Formvar/Enamel wire, DC readings, RWRP, bridge baseplate etc? What's currently in your strat? Just installed a new set of Monty's '69s today. Def impressive 
  • They are flat poles, ie no stagger, rwrp & they have a bridge base plate - formvar - I’d imagine the readings to be in the late 5’s to early 6’s based on their other pickups.

I have custom shop hand wound fat 50’s in my Strat currently.