Anyone have information on this guitar...?

What's Hot
Yesterday I bought an Ozark electro-acoustic jumbo and can't find any information about it on the internet. Most guitars have some presence on the web, but this one seems to be living under the radar.

It's a cut-away with a fitted pre-amp labelled simply 'EQ 7545'

It appears to have solid rosewood back and sides with a solid cedar top. It weighs a ton...!

There's no serial number, just a sound hole label saying "Ozark 3399"

It seems well made and has seen a bit of life, but it plays well and I already like it a lot. Probably a lot more when I change the rusty strings and clean the fretboard...!

The previous owner says he bought it around 20 years ago for approximately £150-200 and I didn't pay much for it, but I'm intrigued by it's apparent invisibility on the web...!

Anyone offer help on this please...?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3693
    Think Ozark is Thomann's house brand for budget instruments given the age and price point I'd be surprised if there was much about it online
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5453
    Jumbo, cedar, rosewood ... now there is an interesting combination!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    I can't add  any info on  that particular guitar but Ozark make decent instruments, at least in banjos and I don't see why their guitars would be any less good :) 

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited April 2022
    I remember seeing Ozark  resonators on tinterweb back in early 2000s   -  not sure if it WAS Thomman but pretty sure it was an "re-seller own brand"

In fact if you google  "ozark resonator"   hundreds of links come up   

there appears to be some info here >>>>  https://www.stentor-music.com/brands/ozark/

and one Ozark 3399  on an auction site (as in auctioneer)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3693
    drofluf said:
    Think Ozark is Thomann's house brand for budget instruments given the age and price point I'd be surprised if there was much about it online
    Sorry should have added that n my experience they’re also great value for money. I’ve owned both a mandolin and octave mandolin and barring a need for a set up both were well made, playable and great sounding. 
  • TheSaintTheSaint Frets: 1
    Thanks guys. The auction site was the only one that matched the search exactly...!

Maybe Thomann used the name before the Harley Benton range came along. 

I pinged Stentor an email this morning, hoping they might have been the import agent around the time it was bought new, just waiting for them to get back to me.

I've been aware of the brand for a while, seem to remember them mainly for resonator guitars as mentioned above and the fact that I've not seen them as being a 'budget' brand.

If I get any news from Stentor I'll post on here.  

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72382
    edited April 2022
    I had one of their resonators a few years ago, I think it was ten to fifteen years old at the time so probably about twenty now. Chinese-made, same factory as a lot of other importer-brand versions of the same thing. I would assume any other guitar in the range would be the same.

It was perfectly decent and I probably shouldn't have sold it...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I have an Ozark resonator that's about 20 years old.

It's really solid and sounds great. 

Think you got a good score. If it feels and sounds good, then it's a winner! 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    I think they were imported by JHS of Leeds, as one of their "house" brands.