SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS:Taylor Big Baby with Gig Bag WITHDRAWN

spev11spev11 Frets: 333
edited July 2023 in Acoustics £
I've decided ( I think) to part ways with my Taylor Big Baby. Its a 2001 USA built model (serial number says 10 May 2001)
It's in good condition, with some small dings on the headstock, one on the upper back edge and another on the front lower middle (all visible dings in the pics-more noticeable in the pics than in person). The body does show signs of use (obviously) which I can only describe as a slightly more polished/darker area where my strumming arm has been and a little scuffing around the soundhole, none of which distract from its playability.
Freshly restrung with Elixir Nanowebs and with new D'Adarrio Ebony Pins (got the originals as well). Tuners are working without issue. Will come with a brand new Thomann Gig Bag (this one https://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_gigbag1_western.htm )
Only selling as I rarely play it now and (as my previous thread detailed) I personally find the rather bright tone a bit jarring, by all accounts Taylors are bright guitars (wish I'd known when I bought it - too scared to play it in the shop at the time) and possibly my tinitus is affecting how I hear it too. 
 I will post it, it'll be well wrapped and sent via ParcelForce fully insured for the selling price (I'm in Swansea if you would prefer to collect it) I'd prefer payment by paypal ( up to you whether you trust me with paypal gift - I'm active on Singletrackworld forum -less so now but I've been there since it started and I try to keep myself involved here. I send everything from the Bike Shop I run in Swansea so I am quite visible if that helps) or cash on collection. Any questions please ask ok. Make me an offer, the worst i'll say is no (honest).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spev11spev11 Frets: 333
    Forgot to add, its a solid spruce top, sapele back and sides and a mahogany neck. This differs from the current model which is a maple neck with layered walnut sides. Personally I have no idea which is better other than "internet wisdom" claims the older USA models are better (but they would say that wouldn't they?)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom