NAGD Vintage V300MH

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18918
    DavidR said:
    Seem to have sparked a good discussion on what constitutes a parlour sized acoustic!

I am probably wrong to have described it as a parlour guitar. Maybe 'small acoustic' would have been better.

For someone whose usual sofa guitar is an FG or a brick-like Regal resonator this little Vintage is comfy, to me anyway. But I'm tall, so someone smaller might still appreciate a Martin single O or sub-single O size. Personally I'm much more likely to reach for this little fella when I  head for the sofa but that doesn't constitute the entire definition of parlour by the sound of it!

Your guitar, you can describe it how you like. 

Just enjoy playing & don't call it 'she'  ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    ^^ well we certainly agree on those two points   =)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MattharrierMattharrier Frets: 454
    I have the spruce top version, it's really nice. I find it much more comfortable to sit and strum with than my full size acoustic.

The mahogany looks nicer, though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1885
    What have I done here! I go off the site for a bit and return to discover I've started a whole conflict over smaller body sized guitars. Shame on me!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 754
    UPDATE
    Have now finalised setup on V300. Martin MM12. Phospher Bronze were a little nicer, but I think I will keep with Monels because of longer life. Martin white plastic bridge pins are fine so I've kept them on having swapped them in initially. Action considerably lowered to 2mm for 6th string at 12th fret and a (for me) really quite low 1.25mm for 1st string. The only unusual thing was that I needed to more or less completely loosen off the neck relief and the neck still has a good gentle bow with no buzzing. Observe. The neck is slightly narrow for me but the lower action has helped me to get my left hand fingers down without damping adjacent strings.

The action is now much better playability wise and I continue to be impressed with the tone of this lovely little instrument. Hopefully there is some more improvement to come as the top plays in. Do mahogany tops play in? Never had one before.

Lovely. Would recommend as long as you have access to adjust action, which was high. That's not a criticism. Many manufacturers ship high actions.

Well done Vintage. How do you do it at the price!
  • SmoothmashSmoothmash Frets: 3
    Vintage make great guitars for the moneyz my first guitar was a v100, still have it as my guests electric option
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5520
    Good for you @DavidR! Low cost, good result, that's a win any way you slice it.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1885
    Vintage make great guitars for the moneyz my first guitar was a v100, still have it as my guests electric option
    I was yearning for one of those V100 electrics,until I picked it up! The Sword of Excalibur would be easier to extract than hold a V100 for more than a few minutes. God,they are heavy.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3737
    Yes, I’ve got one of their 12 strings, really great value for money.