SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Set of Fender Custom Shop Hand Wound Fat 50s Stratocaster Pickups £150 shipped to UK mainland

RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13954
edited May 2022 in Parts £
SOLD: A set of Fender Custom Shop Hand Wound Fat 50s Stratocaster Pickups. 

Just removed from my Fender Custom Shop Strat, perfect working order and sound good but I fancied a change. Please note that the cream pickup covers and the mounting screws are from a set of Seymour Duncan Antiquity Texas Hot pickups I just installed as I reused the covers and screws from the Fat 50s to keep the aesthetics the same on my guitar.

The wires were clipped tight to the pots so there should be enough slack to reinstall without issues.

Wind date is 15th May 2021 hand wound by "CG" at the Custom Shop

£150 shipped to UK Mainland

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• peanutspeanuts Frets: 180
    edited May 2022
    Is it just the lighting that makes the pole pieces look black or is that Custom Shop relicing ? Are they slightly hot for a vintage strat pup?
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13954
    edited May 2022
    peanuts said:
    Is it just the lighting that makes the pole pieces look black or is that Custom Shop relicing ? Are they slightly hot for a vintage strat pup?
    Yes they are factory aged so pole pieces are darkened as per the majority of CS relics

I would suggest they are not hot at all, very much the typical 50s Strat tone with all of the subjective descriptions that come with that sound. These are very good pickups.

Forgot to mention middle pickup is reverse wound/reverse polarity for hum cancelling in position 2 and 4.

here's what they look like installed:

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13954
    Now sold