Courier to Northern Ireland?

I need a guitar collected from near Blackpool and delivered close to Belfast, it's a Les Paul so I would want to use a courier service that has a decent record of taking care of parcels to minimise the risk of damage and a courier service that has insurance that will actually pay out if it gets damaged.

Any recommendations?
Valar Morghulis
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Flight to Liverpool, taxi to Blackpool, flight back to Belfast?

Seriously though, I have had this dilemma before and haven't found a solution (at a low enough price) that I was willing to take the risk with! So I'm interested in the answer...

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    UPS.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I usually go here for parcels  ....   http://www.interparcel.com/

its called Interparcel , and its a courier comparison website .

The prices are usually cheaper than going directly to the courier.

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    I think it was ups when I got my SG delivered to Belfast. As long as the guitar is well packed in its case with the strings loosened and the case in an outer box it should be OK.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • I used DHL via Interparcel once to get a guitar to N. Ireland.  Arrived safe and sound but this was around 2 years ago...
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/21734/shipping-heavy-amps-abroad#latest

I had outstanding results with Transglobal Express as you'll see in this link.
  • Thanks for the info, I checked out UPS via Interparcel and it will cost about £20 which Im very happy with.

Is there a generally accepted way to ensure no headstock breaks on a Les Paul? I know about making sure the strings are loosened off but are there any other measures that can be taken to limit the possibility of a neck break?

Valar Morghulis