Consider me impressed

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Skarloey said:

This thread is giving me GAS.

Good, Good. Muwahahah....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh OK

I have a Jackhammer. Thats my hooligan/joyriding pedal :-D

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

It's not exactly the same, the gain levels are similar, the JH has a less throaty/middly voice (if that makes sense) with similar settings.

If you have/tried a Hardwire Cm-2, on "classic" setting this is pretty close to the Mk1 Guvnor.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• I got to admit I was intrigued and started looking at videos of the CM2
    So I ran off and plugged in my pedal board. I just cant see myself replacing my nobel pedals (ODR-S and DT-1) at the moment. 
    So I am trying to be sensible and not buy any more pedals, not to mention I have something daft like 15+ dirt pedals now. 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.

Only 15..........

I'm slightly worse with 18, and a clean boost..........

A Blackstar HT Dual isn't a million miles from the Mk1 Guv either. But The Cm-2 is cheaper, and doesn't need it's own power supply.

Fuck, I sound like a dirt pedal salesman.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2367
    mike_l said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    mike_l said:
    For a few reasons I don't have the True Tone anymore.
    Is one of those that you got rid of it?
    :D Yes, but I won't go into the reasons publically, as it involves a genuine mistake (not mine), all resolved amicably though.
    Haha no worries :D
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7491
    edited September 2014
    Well, I've spent a few hours playing with the chorus.

I like it! It has several modes, and of these I love one (vintage), like two (analog, which is quite flangey sounding, and jazz, which nails that Metallica chorus - perfect for arpeggios) and don't like the others much, because they're either bland (studio) or just quite weird (boutique).

Frankly, if it only had the vintage mode, I'd be chuffed. It's nice and warm, but still has nice top end. The analog is quite flangey, and cuts bass a bit - I can see this being used with distortion, or for faster funk stuff.

Feels pretty solid, too! Would happily have paid rrp for it as a solid, reliable good sounding chorus pedal.

Analog schmanalog.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12959
    Consider me extremely late to this party but also similarly impressed. 

Acquired a CM-2 from the classifieds---plugged it in, everything at 12, hit a big fat powerchord. First thoughts: "damn, thats nice" (well actually my first thought was "holy shit thats loud turn the volume down" but nevermind). 

Really impressed. Can't believe they discontinued it!