Ordered a Harley Benton from Thomann.. [Update: it arrived..]

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I played it again for a couple hours. 

Dialled in some tones, and dialled out what it turns out I didnt like much of in the tone, which was the mids. I’m not a huge fan of them for solo playing anyway. 

I then found this metal poker chip I bought yonks ago and thought.. why not. 

It’s there now and I cba to remove it haha.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Certainly looks the biz.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Nice man how's the setup? A couple of the nut slots on my DC Fat are a bit high I'm gonna give them a go soon see how badly I can fuck it up

I installed a Tonerider Alnico II Classic in the neck position of my (Gibson) Les Paul Custom this week and it's one of the nicest neck pickups I've heard, irrespective of price. Really smitten. I reckon Tonerider are a good candidate for HB
    roberty said:
    Nice man how's the setup? A couple of the nut slots on my DC Fat are a bit high I'm gonna give them a go soon see how badly I can fuck it up

I installed a Tonerider Alnico II Classic in the neck position of my (Gibson) Les Paul Custom this week and it's one of the nicest neck pickups I've heard, irrespective of price. Really smitten. I reckon Tonerider are a good candidate for HB
    Sounds good about the Toneriders, I’ll have to have a look into those too. 

Yeah set up was pretty good all things considered. 
    Apart from the A and D strings intonation being a little flat at the 12th fret (which I sorted quick enough), and theres one or two notes that maybe buzz a bit. I reckon a little fret levelling would sort that. 

I’m useless at set ups myself, but I’d say a smidge more relief could be added. Though it’s ok, its quite straight. But I’ll leave that for when I take it to Feline for some upgrades and a proper set up! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Done some recording today and made a short compilation of playing.. Not very varied.. Im an amateur at this but here it is: