Celestion speaker gasket

fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
What kind of gasket should a Celestion Blue have on the front of the rim, for mounting from the rear (ooer!) as normal in a guitar combo cabinet? Mine currently has the compressed paper type of gasket but three of the pieces have come off in transit. So while the simplest thing would be to glue them back on, I could replace them with the hard foam type if that would be better (and if I could get hold of any obvs). Thanks. 
250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72323
    edited May 2022
    Card/compressed paper.

Just glue them back - I use PVA wood glue. Unless you mean they've come right off the frame? In which case use rubber solution glue.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    edited May 2022
    [pedant]  thats  front mounted  /  rear loaded    [/pedant]  

mount = speaker
    loaded = cabinet side

so mounted on the front of the speaker loaded FROM the rear of the cabinet
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1631
    In the case of a completely or partially missing gasket, IIRC Celestion put a spare in the box to allow alternative front mounting. Any music shop that handles drive units should have a few kicking around.

Dave.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
    ICBM said:
    Card/compressed paper.

Just glue them back - I use PVA wood glue. Unless you mean they've come right off the frame? In which case use rubber solution glue.
    Thanks. Three of the pieces have come off the frame but they’ve left a layer of ‘paper’ attached to the frame, seemingly well attached, so I was going to use Titebond. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72323
    fretfinder said:

Three of the pieces have come off the frame but they’ve left a layer of ‘paper’ attached to the frame, seemingly well attached, so I was going to use Titebond. 
    Yes, that will be fine too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
    :s B) ICBM said:
    fretfinder said:

Three of the pieces have come off the frame but they’ve left a layer of ‘paper’ attached to the frame, seemingly well attached, so I was going to use Titebond. 
    Yes, that will be fine too.
    Thanks. 

bertie said:
    [pedant]  thats  front mounted  /  rear loaded    [/pedant]  

mount = speaker
    loaded = cabinet side

so mounted on the front of the speaker loaded FROM the rear of the cabinet
    Haha I did wonder… I googled it and it said paper/card gasket on ‘front mounted’ and I thought no it’s not that cos mine is going from the rear onto the bolts that are already fitted and then nuts tightened from behind. So that can’t be ‘front mounted’, and I still don’t understand why it’s called that!  B)