Playing abroad

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• greggreg66greggreg66 Frets: 503
    DavidR said:
    I assume neither your much-loved Martin 00-28 nor the Atkin contain no Brazilian Rosewood? I might be wrong but I think it still falls within CITES regulations. In which case it wouldn't be 'bon', no.

The Martin would have to be really old I think. If it were a vintage Martin and contained Brazilian Rosewood I wouldn't take it. Firstly because you might need a CITES certificate and secondly because the French police just adore making it difficult for Brits. Did you see 2y ago when they stole that lorry driver's sandwiches because they contained cheese and then all stood around laughing their socks off? That was on the TV news at the time. (Actually, it was a bit funny!)

There were stories doing the rounds prior to the 2019 CITES changes about people trying to cross EU borders with CITES listed woods and having them confiscated +/- destroyed.
    CITES destroys 500 Cordoba guitars - The Gibson Lounge - Gibson Brands Forums
    I can't vouch for the 100% truth of those stories (most of them are on the interweb) but worth being aware.
    Serves him right for trying to take cheese into France. French cheeses are usually delicious anyway.
    Liz Truss would like a word with you about this viewpoint...  ;)
    I'd like about a dozen four letter words with her and her colleagues too.
    Edam? Feta? Brie?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1852
    DavidR said:
    I assume neither your much-loved Martin 00-28 nor the Atkin contain no Brazilian Rosewood? I might be wrong but I think it still falls within CITES regulations. In which case it wouldn't be 'bon', no.

The Martin would have to be really old I think. If it were a vintage Martin and contained Brazilian Rosewood I wouldn't take it. Firstly because you might need a CITES certificate and secondly because the French police just adore making it difficult for Brits. Did you see 2y ago when they stole that lorry driver's sandwiches because they contained cheese and then all stood around laughing their socks off? That was on the TV news at the time. (Actually, it was a bit funny!)

There were stories doing the rounds prior to the 2019 CITES changes about people trying to cross EU borders with CITES listed woods and having them confiscated +/- destroyed.
    CITES destroys 500 Cordoba guitars - The Gibson Lounge - Gibson Brands Forums
    I can't vouch for the 100% truth of those stories (most of them are on the interweb) but worth being aware.
    Serves him right for trying to take cheese into France. French cheeses are usually delicious anyway.
    Liz Truss would like a word with you about this viewpoint...  ;)
    I'd like about a dozen four letter words with her and her colleagues too.
    Edam? Feta? Brie?
    Close.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom