How To Jookify Your Guitar - A Blog of Sorts

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I certainly am, i'll throw some up shortly!
    Some more about me, my music and my record label: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/luke-crook/22/18/537

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I do love those paisley guitars!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Want! Oh my god that's amazing.

Thanks for the how to, I'll possibly give it a go on the buildery challenge :D
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    @jookychap How did you you do the sides and cutaways? Smooth the fabric over the sides and patch in the cutaways?
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @Niallmo said:
    @jookychap How did you you do the sides and cutaways? Smooth the fabric over the sides and patch in the cutaways?
    There's two ways - you can do it by patching the gaps, or you can cut triangles in the top and bottom edges so that they fit together like saw teeth. Which makes it look a lot tidier/smoother, as it soon gets quick if they overlap.

The trad way is to paint and burst the edges so it doesn't matter, but it's a cop out ;)

• JookyChap;271711" said:
    @Niallmo said:

There's two ways - you can do it by patching the gaps, or you can cut triangles in the top and bottom edges so that they fit together like saw teeth. Which makes it look a lot tidier/smoother, as it soon gets quick if they overlap.

The trad way is to paint and burst the edges so it doesn't matter, but it's a cop out ;)
    A cop out indeed, but a lot easier ;)
    Some more about me, my music and my record label: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/luke-crook/22/18/537

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    True enough :)

Ah, triangles, good call. In lieu of having to buy a spray gun to achieve a decent burst I think I'll try patching then in. I did also think of cutting a long thin ribbon strip to go around the edge and potentially hide any joins.
  • There's a cheating way I learnt by buying a price of card, drawing around the body then cutting inside the outline by an inch or so.

Then prop the template up an inch or so above the guitar and then spray from above. That's what I'm planning anyway. Not sure I'm brave enough for free hand!

I've seen a good YouTube tutorial on bursting. Looks easy! Just have to point the can in the right direction away from edge.
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    Had the urge to revive this thread-partly to honour the great mans return and also thought it might be of interest for more recent members (and there's been been quite a few) who may be interested.