PRS SE A50e - opinions

What's Hot
welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
Been eyeing up these A50e's for a few weeks now...

Now, I'm not a habitual Acoustic player, tbh, I had our singer's Taylor here for a few weeks and it came out of its case once in all that time - I've never been into them, owned a Tanglewood at 1 point, had an Avalon as a trade (but was swiftly moved on)..but...

For some reason (and I have a little bit of work lined up for one!) I'm drawn to these PRS ones - they have come down in price with GG over the last few months to the point now where I can pick one up for £600 with what looks like a fitted hardcase.

Are these worth the money and would it be a good entry into owning a half decent Electro-Acoustic.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 241
    edited June 2022

If I say I have 7 acoustics -Avalon, Martin, L'Arrivee, Guild, Takamine, Yamaha and apart from the Avalon, the PRS is my "go to" guitar.  However, you may need to budget for a set up - say £50.00 extra to get it as you like it. That's not unusual anyway as most acoustics are set up with quite a high action.

Take a listen on the Acoustic guitar review. They are quite bright once run in although that can be managed with a selected set of strings.

As you can gather, I'm a bit of an enthusiast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom