13»

Comments

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Both sound very nice, not sure one is 'better' than the other. Second has more 'crispness' to my ears. First, more 'rounded'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bencowling81bencowling81 Frets: 420
    Oh man I love the binding and rosette. Congrats!
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5451
    I deliberately didn't read anything to give me hints or see what other people thought. First impressions often change, but FWIW my first impression was clear: the second sample was substantially richer and significantly more dynamic. I'm listening on very crappy $10 speakers, nevertheless, I thought the difference clear. I would rather play the second guitar - indeed I'd love to play it - but I do wonder if I wouldn't sound better on the first one - very responsive guitars are quite challenging to play where a more naturally compressed-sounding instrument can flatter a not-so-great player like me. 

Nice playing, and an interesting choice of material. 

(Now I'm going to hit "post comment" and read the other comments.)

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    Mellish said:
    Vim there nailed how I heard it. I'd have to go with the second one, too.

Nice example of fingerstyle btw :) 
    OK, fanfare time. The answer to today's edition of "guess that guitar" is;

First one was the Martin (all mahogany) the second the Brook (Walnut back & sides, spruce top)

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    woot (and dammit, now I really want a Brook).

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

VimFuego said:
    woot (and dammit, now I really want a Brook).
    Sorry! ;)

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    drofluf said:
    OK, fanfare time. The answer to today's edition of "guess that guitar" is;

First one was the Martin (all mahogany) the second the Brook (Walnut back & sides, spruce top)

hmm.  a well,   perhaps I should stick to Spruce/Rwood................  
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    It's odd, if I was gonna get a custom made or luthier made guitar like a Brook, I think I'd want a small bodied 12 fretter, but if I was to get a Brook specifically I'm torn between something like the Clyst and a Torridge, reason being I lived about 1/2 mile from the River Torridge, and I feel honour bound to get that model. I think (well, hope anyways) that common sense woul overwhelm nostalgia and I'd get a clyst.

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited June 2022
    VimFuego said:
    It's odd, if I was gonna get a custom made or luthier made guitar like a Brook, I think I'd want a small bodied 12 fretter, but if I was to get a Brook specifically I'm torn between something like the Clyst and a Torridge, reason being I lived about 1/2 mile from the River Torridge, and I feel honour bound to get that model. I think (well, hope anyways) that common sense woul overwhelm nostalgia and I'd get a clyst.
    based on that -  it'd obviously be the Okement  -  but big jumbos aint for me,  I played one once up at Intersound,  the "big" sound knocked over 2 people browsing in the shop,  or a Lyn (mrs Bert) ................. or as I spent a lot of my childhood about a mile from Easterbrook............Id have to have one of each =)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    bertie said:
    VimFuego said:
    based on that -  it'd obviously be the Okement  -  but big jumbos aint for me,  I played one once up at Intersound,  the "big" sound knocked over 2 people browsing in the shop,  or a Lyn (mrs Bert) ................. or as I spent a lot of my childhood about a mile from Easterbrook............Id have to have one of each =)
    heh, I knew a couple of guys who were well on their way to having the full set of rivers.

• TanninTannin Frets: 5451
    Hmm Tamar or Jordan for me. Hard to pick between those two. I don't have a small jumbo and that's a type of guitar I really like. Cedar and walnut perhaps? 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    Mellish said:
    Vim there nailed how I heard it.
    Same here (on cheapo laptop speakers). Not sure which I prefer, though, I liked them both.