Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 947
    @CrimeanCitizen ; Welcome to tFB.

To start a thread, click the icon furthest right on the coloured bar along the top where you'll find your username. 

Enjoy :+1:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AeromikeAeromike Frets: 3

Q1:  My names Mike and when I had to create my first ever username I was a big Aerosmith fan (still am really) - and so Aeromike was born.  

Q2:  Nottingham, England 

Q3:  Musical ambition? - just to have fun! I'm currently in a rock covers band

Q4:  Ohhhhh, I think from my entire rig the only item I wouldn't be tempted to change is my Custom Audio Wah

Q5:  changes on a near daily basis, but since the death of the great Jeff Beck I think I've played HammerHead at least once a day for the last few weeks. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @Aeromike ; hi and welcome to tFB

The Icon furthest right on the coloured bar along the top will let you start a new thread; the rules are explained in Help & Feedback and also in Off Topic; and if you get stuck, Admins & Mods are listed in New Members, just send a message.

:) 
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? It's my artist name that I perform under - I think it's rather good

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? West Sussex UK on the coast

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To make a living out of it, but primarily always enjoy making music

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - Tough - probably my 79 Strat - It's heavy, has the bolt trust rod but it plays beautifully. Don't believe everything you hear about 70s Strats.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Really tough - I'll say Robert Johnson - Crossroad Blues

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @Superprotagonist ;
    Wekcome to tFB. 

We hope you'll stich around, add comments, share knowledge and start threads. 
    If you get stuck, Admins&Mods are listed in New Members  and will help you out.

Enjoy!  :) 
  • Hi everyone,

I'm Jenny, just joined after seeing the booth at the Guitar Show last weekend.

Q1. My username is simply my name, I don't have any cool nicknames!

Q2. I'm in East Midlands, UK.

Q3. Just to have fun playing for me.

Q4. Hard to pick one, but at the moment the Reverend Descent RA Baritone I bought at the Guitar Show. Really enjoying it.

Q5. Can I have a trilogy? Pain Remains by Lorna Shore.
    @jennywallace ; Welcome to tFB.

Want to start a thread? That's the icon furthest right on the coloured bar at the top where you'll see your username.

Any problems? Contact Admins & Mods in New Members.

Enjoy! :) 
  • Thanks Mellish.
  • tinytunetinytune Frets: 3
    juansolo said:

Q1:  Where did you username come from?
    It was my nickname when I worked shifts. There were several Johns, I became Juan for no good reason I could see (you don't get to choose these things). I might also be a little geeky...

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?
    Yorkshire. Home of pie.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?
    To one day build a pedal so awesome that it brings about either world peace or a zombie apocalypse.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?
    Soldering iron.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?
    Tough, very tough. I'll go with Black Sabbath - Die Young

@tinytune ; Welcome!

I'm sure you'll find your way around, but just a couple of things:
    If you want to start a thread, that's the icon furthest right on the bar along the top where you'll find Home, your username and a bunch of other stuff.
    And Admins & Mods are listed in New Members, should you need help.

Have fun :) 
  • SonnyJimSonnyJim Frets: 10

It's my nickname 

I'm in Hove, UK on the south coast.

To start a Tom Waits tribute band.

A piano

John Wayne by John Martyn

Nice to be here and I look forward to meeting/buying/selling/trading and educating myself on all matters guitar.

edited March 2023
    @SonnyJim ; Welcome to tFB.

Stick around and share your guitar knowledge. 
    And if you need help, contact Admins & Mods in New Members or post in Help & Feedback to get members' help.

Enjoy  
  • SonnyJimSonnyJim Frets: 10
    Thank you, Mellish :)
  • tinytunetinytune Frets: 3
    Hi All. Good to be here - I only heard about tF last week - I've played guitars for >50 yrs - better late than never to join up. :0).
    I play classical (I have an Yulong Guo) and steel stringed instruments - a Takamine and a Jeff Traugott luthier built guitar which makes more notes and harmonies than any other guitar I played!!

I also have Eo folding guitars which are great for travel and keep the fingers moving when the opportunity occurs on trips..

Currently I am using Jam Origin Midi Guitar and Ableton to transcode from the guitar  into MIDI notation for writing music into Sibelius. Unfort. Jam Origin doesn't interface directly with Sibelius.

Anyone out there use Jam Origin MG? I'd be interested on set ups for best (spurious free) translation into MIDI. I have found that using a nylon string guitar with slightly damped strings and undersaddle piezo works best - but only by playing slowly to avoid squidged notes that cause the Jam Origin software to create spurious notes..

Any thoughts?

Cheers, TinyTune
  • Hello All,

A fellow musician recently told me this would be a good place to try and sell a guitar I have - so apart from having already put that add up, it's nice now actually be aware this page exists. 

My name is Michael, I am based in Glasgow and play primarily bluegrass and old time guitar. I am in a bluegrass band called The Fountaineers (mostly a homage to our favourite bluegrass cannon) and another recently formed band called CMQ (Callum Morton Quartet), which is almost all original tunes by my very talented mandolin player friend/ Fountaineers bandmate.

As a bluegrass player I obviously have a preference for dreadnoughts but I hope to acquire a few other models for the styles I enjoy playing over the years. My main axe is an Atkin D37 (essentially a D28 style dreadnought)

I've been enjoying a Martin D18 1935 sunburst (made in 2014...) I got about 3 months ago, but am looking to sell it to fund a Golden Era model I found near me recently (so please buy my guitar before the Golden Era gets snapped up!)

Speak soon,
    Michael
    edited March 2023
    @Michael_2287 ; Welcone to tFB. 

Admins & Mods are listed in "New Members". 
    You seem to know how to start a new thread, so good luck selling your guitar and enjoy the forum. 

• za9ra10za9ra10 Frets: 1

It's one from an old IT account I used to use. Boring I know but I like to remain fairly obscure.

Boring and obscure Warrington

I have a few ideas in my head that I'd like to get out and to do that I will need help from some decent musicians.

A Rory Gallagher Custom Fender Strat but I'll never be able to afford one

voodoo chile jimi hendrix

Looking forward to discussing guitar related matters.

Thanks

@za9ra10 ; Hi and welcome to tFB.

If you get stuck, Admins & Mods are listed in New Members.

Enjoy! :) 
  • dukiboydukiboy Frets: 0

I grew up in a small industrial cotton town on the very edge of manchester in the 50's/60's called Dukinfield (locally known as Duki) - hence Dukiboy

Duki - now Greater Manchester

To be a "guitarist", and be able to play tunes in a way that gives me, and anyone brave enough to listen some joy.

At the moment it's a Collings 290 (2 P 90's) - great tone and playability, in an understated package.

George Van Eps - If I could write a Book

It's not the most adventurous, and may be boring to a lot but I love the smooth way he glides through this piece, and mentally that's the tone and fluidity of playing I aspire to but know I'll never reach now (I'm 75) - but in my very modest way I so love trying to.

@dukiboy ; Hi and welcome to tFB.

To start a thread, click the icon furthest right on the coloured bar at the top where you'll find Home, your username and a bunch of other stuff. 

Admins & Mods are in New Members should you get stuck.

:)