SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Bodies, necks, Scratchplates (loaded and unloaded) and misc.

What's Hot
GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2664
edited September 2022 in Parts £
I've been going through the stuff that's taking up space, and here's some of it. More may be added. All prices include postage, which would be second class Royal Mail.

Necks

All from here, all with the tuners that came with them.

From top to bottom:

No-Name Tele neck - £20

(Fender and  Fernandes necks sold)

Scratchplates

No-name loaded Scratchplate - £20

This is what the Alegree scratchplate replaced. No idea what it is, but I'm guessing it's not the original MIM pickups (partly because the bridge pickup has Made In Japan written on it. 

Various used tele and Stratocaster scratch plates and a back plate - £5 each 

Tele: Cream (SOLD) and White

White back plate.

Miscellaneous

GFS (Guitar Fetish) Surf 90 pickups - £30

Also included in this photograph for some reason: Neck plate, but I don't know how much I'd charge for that, and plastic bag which on reflection contains the retainer screws and springs for the pickups, the neck screws for the neck plate and a knurled washer. So this is all about the pickups, really. 

Chrome telecaster bridge and saddles - £15 

I don't really know what this is (other than what it looks like), or where I got it from, so it could be worth more than that.  

SOLD ITEMS - 

Bodies

All bodies now sold, leaving them below for reference. 

I bought most of these on here (so you'll have seen them before), to try out pickups, but they're no longer needed. 

Strat body - £25

To be honest, I don't know what the maker of this is - the seller (on Bay, I think) said it was Squier, and it does seem to be the thinner kind of Squier body (measures about 25mm). Rich blue. A lot of, um, natural relicing and inexpert foil shielding. 

Orange tele body - £25

This is more orangey than it appears. Not sure how it's painted, but who ever did it painted over the ferrules. 

Guitarbuild Tele Deluxe body, with scratchplate, bridge and electronics - £50
I'm having the neck transferred to a new body and the pickups have gone into another guitar, so this is surplus to requirements. When I had it assembled by Feline they had to do some routing under the scratchplate to get the switch to work properly. I've not photographed it under there, because that's quite a few screws there, but will if anyone wants. It looks fine above the surface, though, and you just need to add pickups and neck. I think the neck pocket fits a Strat neck, by the way. 
And to answer the inevitable question I get when photographing something shiny: yes I have a pith helmet hanging up. I don't know where it came from originally but it was for someone with a very small head. The pith helmet is not for sale. 

Two-humbucker offset - £40

Apparently from Booboo Guitars, so it's someone's second, but it's perfectly fine. The back plate was handmade by the person I got it from.

MIM Fender Stratocaster neck - £80

I bought a home-sprayed (gold!) Strat from JerkMoans, that I thought was a parts caster, but eventually concluded that it was all one 1998 MIM Strat (except the pickups maybe - see below). The body is still part of my number one Strat. 

Fernandes The Function neck - £80

Alegree Loaded Scratchplate (Frigid Haze) - £60

I got this from Alex to swap in to the gold Strat that had the neck as above. 

Strat: Black & Mint Greenscratchplates - £5 each

Mint Green Strat Scratchplate

Gotoh Saddles, Rutters Screws - £10

There is a reason for this combination, which is too boring to go into. Marc Rutter makes some lovely hardware, but I'm not making any special claims about his screws. But if you are looking for a set of compensated tele barrels, here they are.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2573

Guitarbuild Tele Deluxe body, with scratchplate, bridge and electronics - £50

I'll take this please - pm incoming..
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 837
    edited June 2022
    Cream telecaster pickguard / plate please

And I'll take the Fender neck please...

Finally what's the nut width and radius on the Fernandes neck please?

• jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 837
    edited June 2022
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    2 humbucker offset please if still available. Pm incoming
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2664
    Posting this long FS list and then going to make dinner seemed like such a good idea at the time. Will reply to all PMs in a few minutes. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12697
    Pm sent on the Fernandes neck - I think it’s my old one! 

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• swillerswiller Frets: 1363
    Would like black strat pickguard please.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14646
    This is The Central Scrutinizer.

The blue and orange guitar bodies are both Squier Affinity series.

The GFS pickups are Dyna-Sonic style in humbucker cases. They will probably make some Rockabilly guitarist's day.

The neck and centre pickups on the black scratchplate assembly strongly resemble MIM Fender Standard. The plastic bobbins are pretty distinctive.

The pickguard itself is peculiar. It has the fastening screw above the neck and centre pickups in the 1962 position. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    @swiller & @jaymenon ; - sent you a PM

@funkfingers - Many thanks! So that guitar that I thought was a partscaster was a MIM Fender strat apart from the bridge pickup and the knobs? Huh. If any of those prices are too high, say. If they're too low, I'll leave them like that, this is a clear-out. 
    Oh, but I'd prefer PP Friends and Family if at all possible...
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1363
    cheers all paid and thanks for prompt deal.++
    Dont worry, be silly.
    So, that guitar that I thought was a partscaster was a MIM Fender strat apart from the bridge pickup and the knobs. 
    Clearly, some of it was Fender. It is difficult to comment on those parts of it that I have not seen. 

Fernandes neck sold
    That is a relief. I have a scruffy Fernandes The Function guitar body in, ahem, *project* condition. @impmann has saved me several quid and the distraction of further projectitis. Ta!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12697
    So, that guitar that I thought was a partscaster was a MIM Fender strat apart from the bridge pickup and the knobs. 
    Clearly, some of it was Fender. It is difficult to comment on those parts of it that I have not seen. 

Fernandes neck sold
    That is a relief. I have a scruffy Fernandes The Function guitar body in, ahem, *project* condition. @impmann has saved me several quid and the distraction of further projectitis. Ta!
    I don’t suppose by a miracle it’s this one, @Funkfingers ?

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

Mine is HSS, with the single coils direct mounted into their cavities and a humbucker ring, in the Charvel Model 3 manner.

Where it is similar to your photograph is the damage around the vibrato.