SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fazley electro-acoustics

There has been a fair number of good references for Fazley electric guitars on tFB but has anyone got any words if wisdom regarding Fazley electro-acoustics?

I'm about to order a Fazley W100NE 3/4 size as my chosen travel guitar ... just don't wanna buy a wrong'n.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7285
    Are you sure that you would be OK with a nut width of 41mm (1.61")?  That would be too narrow for me on an acoustic guitar.  Otherwise the spec looks fine for a £95 small sized electro acoustic.  Linden back and sides is what my £370 Sigma electro-acoustic has and it sounds and looks good.  They call it by the scientific name Tilia.  The Fazley one has a solid wood top, which is quite unusual for a guitar at that price especially when a fair bit of the cost is in the electrics.  The fretboard on some of their other guitars is described as laminated and pressure treated poplar and this one is likely to be the same.  I have no experience with that particular fretboard composition but I have other guitars with man-made composite boards and they are fine.   The only thing I really wonder about with composite boards is whether they chip out more than natural wood during refrets, but I can't imagine ever justifying a refret on a budget guitar selling for less than half the cost of a refret.  I don't really think you can go too wrong with that guitar as long as you are prepared for the probability that you will need to do a bit of fret end dressing and fret polishing.
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 845
    Thanks Bill ... you've reassured me somewhat. 
    I hadn't thought about the nut width but worst case I can try it out and return it to BAX no probs. 
    I know it'll be different but my Hagstrom Swede has a composite fretboard and it's fine ... in fact I'll play any acoustic I buy less frequently than the Haggie so I reckon it'll be fine.
    Like you, I can't really see a big warning here saying 'buy me only if you want a world of hurt'. 
    I'll let you know in due course :+1: