SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Martin 000-15M, 2015, immaculate, OHSC - £995

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
edited July 2022 in Acoustics £
I sold this on eBay on Friday. I thought I'd found a good eBay buyer, which in my recent experience is like putting your hand down the bog and coming up with a Mars Bar. Anyway, one non-payer later.......

I bought this recently from Coda as I'd hoped that it was going to be a replacement for my Atkin, which I advertised on here, not expecting much interest but did get a lot. I've had to hang on to the Atkin until I do find a replacement, because as nice a guitar as this is, it hasn't grabbed me as much as the Atkin has. Well, it's a third of the new price, innit?

The Martin 000-15M is a lovely, warm, organic sounding and looking guitar. It makes a really nice fingerstyle and songwriting guitar, but is also really satisfying for delta style blues, and warm jazzy sounds.This model is from 2015, but it's difficult to tell that it's not new. It's immaculate, and comes with it's original Martin case. It's quite a beautiful guitar, and effortless to play, unlike many acoustic guitars that I tend to struggle with due to action height and string tension.

It's really good value for a USA built Martin (it was built in Nazareth. Not that Nazareth though) - I have the option of getting it back to Coda at the end of the week, but I thought I'd see if any Fretboard chums would like it.

Do drop me a note if you're interested over the next couple of days! I don't fancy posting it, but am happy to toddle about in the car for a bit.

Call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thinline72thinline72 Frets: 82
    A usual combo from Dave: great guitar and great price!

I'd grab it if only I really needed another acoustic  :#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Thanks Sava - everyone needs another acoustic, don't they? Not me, of course. Everyone else.  :)

I hate to describe things as 'mint', but there's not really anything that I can see that would mark it as used, let alone a seven year old guitar.

I'm a bit clueless about Martins (and most other things, of course) and I'd assumed that these were Mexican built, and was surprised to find out that they're USA built, which makes them very good value indeed, I think.

Nice guitar. Not as vibrant as the Atkin Small Jumbo, but the mahogany gives it warmer, more mellow characteristics and I've heard some lovely playing on the 000-15M in terms of melodic playing AND Delta Blues. Unfortunately it's on YouTube and not from my delicate trotters, but you get the picture.

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Anybody for this hog? I'll probably get it back to Coda at the weekend, unless I end up keeping it as well. (These things have been known). Anyway, just thought I'd offer it to the forum first.....
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    My all time fav acoustic, I'm tempted to sell the dowina to get my hands on this :D 
    It's a very nice guitar - easy to play, which isn't something that I find often with acoustic guitars (my inadequacies, not the guitars). Normally the first thing I do is to change the strings for lighter ones, tweak the truss rod, see if I can lower the action in any way that I can, but I haven't touched this one at all.

It's the end of my 14 day DSR period on Saturday and I didn't want to return it unless I have to. I put it on eBay as I didn't think that it was necessarily a forum guitar. Someone enthusiastically bought it, then sort of forgot that the next step in the process was to give me some money.

Thanks Les - may your G string snap on a daily basis.
    Call me Dave.
    Sold on Gumtree for a higher price than on here!  :o
    Call me Dave.