SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Aria Superstrat Neck 'Jackson Style Headstock'

Hi all,
        I've acquired an aria Mega Metal Stage 1 kpi (rare as hens teeth), active
electronics, kahler trem, and someone has changed the neck to a strat type C shape.
I would like to revert it to a similar or same neck as the original
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14572
    Measure the neck pocket width. An aftermarket neck will probably fit.

Does the spurious Stratocaster style neck have a Floyd Rose style combined nut and string clamp or a traditional nut and a separate Kahler style behind-the-nut clamp?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • gbsmileygbsmiley Frets: 4
    @Funkfingers the existing 22 fret neck is marked 'aria pro ii legend ii' and appears
    to be off their floyd equipped telecaster for the japanese market, and has a floyd
    style nut.
    From what I can tell the neck I require is 25.5 inch scale & dimensions at the pocket are
    2 3/16''
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14572
    There is an Aria following on this forum. They might be able to assist you. Paging @ICBM ;
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72620
    That's going to be difficult - that type of Aria uses a full-length 22-fret neck, not a 22nd-fret 'overhang' neck like Fender and almost all others do. This means that about 99% of aftermarket necks won't fit - or rather, they may well fit in the pocket but it will be impossible to set the intonation correctly because the neck will be too far into the body.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• gbsmileygbsmiley Frets: 4
    bump