Crazy noise at the bottom of my volume pot

guitarmanglerguitarmangler Frets: 593
Last nights gig wasn’t a nightmare, but had its challenges ( for one,the in house sound guy was ill so I had to mic up my entire band and work out how to use a Midas m32 desk. Luckily everything was pre set, although I only managed to get one vocal through the monitor..) .

One slight puzzle was that my guitar, when fully turned off made a huge RRRRRRRRRR sound through the amp. No problem, I thought, I’ll swap to my backup guitar , same problem. I noticed this only started when the other guitar player switched on. My setup is lead into tubescreamer into amp. I’ve never had this problem before (and I’ve played at the same place quite a few times). Anybody got any ideas? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31621
    Sounds like a grounding issue somewhere.
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3274
    Was the tube screamer on?

I've had similar before and a buffered pedal between guitar and amp fixed it, iirc.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10426
    Last nights gig wasn’t a nightmare, but had its challenges ( for one,the in house sound guy was ill so I had to mic up my entire band and work out how to use a Midas m32 desk. Luckily everything was pre set, although I only managed to get one vocal through the monitor..) .

One slight puzzle was that my guitar, when fully turned off made a huge RRRRRRRRRR sound through the amp. No problem, I thought, I’ll swap to my backup guitar , same problem. I noticed this only started when the other guitar player switched on. My setup is lead into tubescreamer into amp. I’ve never had this problem before (and I’ve played at the same place quite a few times). Anybody got any ideas? 
    I had to go blind on an MR32 a few weeks back ... once I figured out where the iP address was in the desk I hooked up the iPad and it was a lot easier doing the monitors from there. 

Possibly an issue with the first stage of the amp and your volume pot and pickup acting as a resonant filter 
    www.2020studios.co.uk