Bass balance

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mart said:   ...With almost any electric bass if you use the bottom strap button and attach your strap to the headstock, then your bass will naturally balance almost vertically.
    And smack yourself in the face with the tuners too, as the body goes floor-wards under gravitational acceleration, been there done that ! ouch !

ICBM said:   ...you end up playing with your thumb on the side of the neck and plucking the string nearer the midpoint, much like a double bass.
    If you do that on a fretless you can get much closer to the sound of an upright than you might think.
    Nice one ICBM, the guitar hangs too central to your body that way, but that obviously has it's uses the way you explained it.
    Hadn't thought about it in that way, cheers

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    mart said:   ...With almost any electric bass if you use the bottom strap button and attach your strap to the headstock, then your bass will naturally balance almost vertically.
    And smack yourself in the face with the tuners too, as the body goes floor-wards under gravitational acceleration, been there done that ! ouch !
    I thought about mentioning that ... but then decided I would just wait and listen to the screams as people discover that particular pleasure for themselves. :D

I guess I'm not convinced how much it helps you play more like an upright, since I usually find myself putting my thumb on the edge of the neck even though I hold my bass at more like a 45 degree angle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom