JWJ Guitars?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2362
    @steviebee74 Wow, thanks very much for that very detailed write-up, that helped a lot. 

That's interesting that you also tried an all-mahogany slope-shouldered dreadnought. The one (I think!) that I'm mainly hmming and hahhing about is also one of those, largely because (a) it's a little cheaper than the others, just in case I don't like it (hopefully I will!), (b) like you, I think I have a bit of a soft spot for slope-shouldered dreadnoughts, and (c) I don't have anything all-mahogany and I figure if I'm going to go that route I might as well get a nice Honduran one (though I also wonder if spruce might be a safer choice!).

Was the one you tried more vintage-sounding too? (I wasn't sure if you meant that your OM was vintage-sounding, or both of them- or indeed all the models you tried- were.) If so, I think I would like that, I recently bought a Dowina (!) and it's really lovely, but I think it's more on the modern side of things in terms of tone, so something more vintage would be a nice foil to that, I think.

I agree with you regarding the resale- it definitely doesn't hurt to keep it in mind, because you never know what will happen, but at the same time I'm not sure of the wisdom of buying a guitar you don't like as much because of resale! If you like two guitars equally, and one has great resale and one doesn't, then maybe resale could be used as a tie-breaker... but I don't think it makes sense to buy something you don't like as much, it risks becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom