SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS. Collings OM1A Julian Lage

chrisTchrisT Frets: 10
edited July 2022 in Acoustics £
I’m posting this while still on holiday, so pics will need to wait until I get home next week, but then I can take as many as are requested.
For sale is my Collings OM1A JL.  This is just over one year old and was purchased June 2021 here in the U.K. from TNAG.  This is the version with the Adirondack upgrade to the top and if you’ve had a chance to compare it with the standard Sitka version then you’ll know how just much nicer it is both tonally and clarity-wise.  I believe this upgrade is about £1000.
This guitar has the Julian Lage neck carve and the 1 11/16 nut width so it’s about as close as Collings come to replicating his ‘39 OOO 18 as it gets. It is very lightweight and ultra responsive to touch but it has an incredible note articulation and power.  It is quite easily the best OM I have owned or played but I’ve been looking for something old for a while now and I’ve found it so, the JL has to go.
Condition is superb and it has its hard case and all the paperwork it arrived with.
I believe this package retails at around £7k these days.
I won’t ship it because it’s too valuable and I’ve seen disasters in the past.  I live in London though and could meet somewhere mutually convenient.
The only other Adi version I can see in the U.K. is £5400 so I’ll price this at £4400 which I think is a very decent price for a really superb instrument.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments