Windowless doubled door semi soundproofed deathtrap.

What's Hot
Needs some sort of cooling device thingy or I'm not not playing in the garage studio again till October. 

What are my options?
'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 241
    If you use a dehumidifier and vent the warm air out of the building that would do it. Whatever you do, make sure the warm air isn't simply recycled in the workspace but outside somewhere.
  • If you use a dehumidifier and vent the warm air out of the building that would do it. Whatever you do, make sure the warm air isn't simply recycled in the workspace but outside somewhere.
    Nowhere to vent it to unfortunately. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4099
    You could order an exceptionally large ice block and just leave that in the corner of the room for a while. 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7246
    edited July 2022
    Get an old car air filter or something similar with paper folded multiple times.  If you know any spray painters, the concertina paper filters they place between the extractor fan and the spray booth would do.  Sit it in a shallow tray of water so that the water wicks its way up the folded paper, and stick it in front of a large pedestal fan.  When the fan blows on it and evaporates the water it cools and you will begin to get cool air circulating as long as you keep windows and doors closed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited July 2022
    Personally I think fastonebaz's suggestion of a large ice block is the more sensible option. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    So I'm not "sensible", eh?   ;)
    edited July 2022
    Well I thought he was joking but apparently with a little ingenuity a block of ice can be used .. your idea is a lot less hassle though Bill  

Seems like a great project to undertake though, especially if you can get it solar powered
    That's actually a pretty good idea.  The blue LEDs on the ice air conditioner will also have a psychological cooling effect. So simple it makes me wonder why I hadn't thought of doing that sooner.  I used to have an old wardrobe fitted with several 12v computer tower fans to keep the air flowing through it and I hung meat in it to make my own biltong (similar to beef jerky).  I later used a dehumidifier.  Then meat became far too expensive.

edited July 2022
    Yeah other than the psychological effect, the blue lights make it look like an art installation..rather than something purely functional. I'm thinking, for less bulk - have one smaller, longer version (transparent plastic tubing sealed off at the bottom) hung up in each corner of the cabin, with a wire connected to solar panels on the roof.