Heat caused problem?

What's Hot
My study/music room is south facing. With the crazy few hot days we've had I think it's affected one of my guitars. My Faith Neptune Trembesi was tuned to DADGAD but I wanted it tuned to standard yesterday. I've not played it over the weekend as I've been away. Now the G string and D a little are buzzing when I use my tumb to pick (in a downward movement rather than 'pulling' the sting with my thumb - if that makes sense). I'm not 100% confident but sure it wasn't doing it before. It sounds like fret buzz. If i strum or finger pick normally it's fine. 

COuld the heat have had an impact or it it more likely that it's been like it for ages? Any ideas on a remedy?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3707
    Humidity was very low, at least round me, in the hot spell. If it were locked up in a hot room it's conceivable that it could have been affected. Maybe see how it is in a weeks time when it's had a chance to reacclimatise
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 241
    ^^^^   Wot he said. It's also a fact that as wood ages, it moves. Get used to it. Might be best if folks kept guitars in cases when not being used.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7293
    One of the important things to know about fret buzz is WHERE on the neck the string or strings are buzzing, especially after a tuning change or change to a new brand or gauge of strings.  Armed with that knowledge you can usually then assess whether a truss rod adjustment will take care of the issue.  With an acoustic I would always leave it for several days to settle down after a tuning change or string gauge change before considering any setup alterations.
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    Thanks. I'll see how it settles in a few days
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11932
    which frets does it buzz on?
    Humidity was very low this week
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    edited July 2022
    @lincolnblue ; - I'm not far from you mate (maybe 22 miles) and humidity here stayed around 50%.

It was hot (peaked around 44°C) but my Gibson Dove is fine  
    Mellish said:
    @lincolnblue ; - I'm not far from you mate (maybe 22 miles) and humidity here stayed around 50%.

It was hot (peaked around 44°C) but my Gibson Dove is fine  
    Thanks. I don't have any humidity devices to test but that's reassuring.  
    which frets does it buzz on?
    Humidity was very low this week
    I think it's the first fret from what I can tell
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    edited July 2022
    @lincolnblue ; - hygrometer for the room mate and a D'Addario Humidipak for the case. And a dehumidifier if the RH gets above 55%. That's all I have  
  • Having inexpensive guitars takes away the need to 'baby' them so at least there is one positive from this.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom