Cheshire Amp Party

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I'd feel happier without shops selling their wares
    the stuff in shops is likely to be what we can see any day, and I'd hope people would bring amps that are rarely seen in most shops
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OK guys done.  Sack off the sponsor stuff.
    We will look at something more, cant find the word, but I know what you mean.
    The big question then is date.  If we are looking at maybe a dozen peeps tops then we can do it earlier rather than in new year.
    Open to suggestions.
    Have a look at your calendars guys.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Count me in, all depending on the date.
    www.karltone.co.uk    Dealer in Valves and bits and bobs   www.facebook.com/karltonevalves
  • end of Oct ?

• Half term so some people might not be able to make it. Perhaps November?
  • I'm moving house so my availability is difficult to gauge. I'll be a mile from Sounds Great in Heald Green when I move so this is in my locality. I'll keep an eye on the thread and try and make it. Would likely bring my Cabronita, 64 Junior and Feline and then maybe the Fuchs and a couple of MJWs
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3339
    edited September 2014

Hi guys, @Billibob I admire your optimism but I agree with the guys here and I think it would be difficult to get companies onboard like Mesa :) As has been said, just go for a regular Gearfest and hopefully, you'll have a reasonable turn out and a good selection of amps and other gear. Seems like you have some takers with good stuff already.

FYI - Last weeks' GearFest cost £54 for the hire of a studio for 9hrs and we shared the cost between us (we had 9 people down) and we also brought down food and drink to share. As to a selection of amps, we had a Suhr Badger 30 and a Corso, a Laney VC50, a Lazy J20, a Carr Sportsman, a Marshall Super Bass, H&K Tubemeister 36 and at past ones there's been a Mesa Boogie Express and Studio 22, Fender Champs, Rivera Chubsters, Laney Tony Iommi, CAE PT50, Jet City, AXE FX, Yamaha THR10, Egnater Tweaker 40 so it is possible to get a varied selection all in one place.

Good luck with it all

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12018
    what happened?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Probably the same as mine in Cumbri. Life distracts. Which is a point....
  • Indeed, 2 yr old and a 5 yr old.  Will check out venue this week.  Update soon with a prospective date.  Either Sat or Sun lunch till later ish???
    sounds good
  • BojanglesBojangles Frets: 28
    I'm up for this will bring Matchless and a box of tricky FX.  Could someone bring a Dr Z (!!) - I'm getting an unhealthy interest in the Maz range.  EL84s make me go all gooey inside...
    He's a hard man to ignore, but it's worth the effort.
    Bojangles said:
    I'm up for this will bring Matchless and a box of tricky FX.  Could someone bring a Dr Z (!!) - I'm getting an unhealthy interest in the Maz range.  EL84s make me go all gooey inside...
    which Matchless?
  • BilliBobBilliBob Frets: 19
    There may just possibly be a Fuchs ODS there also.
    Thinking the time has come to actually get this event sorted.

Lets start the easy way.
    What day of the week is best for everyone?  Once that is established we can find which one.
    I have a venue sorted just need to arrange with you guys when and who/what is going to be there.
    I can do any evening apart from Tuesday eve, can do Sat or Sun daytime or eve too.
    Let me know your interest and what Amp/s you can bring and I will get it together.  I do need people to communicate though and let me know if they are interested.
  • Has a date been set?
  • RowlandwithaWRowlandwithaW Frets: 8
    edited March 2015
    Keep me in the loop, please ! I have a Matamp Little Rock that someone may well be interested in . . . and am interested in a small combo
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    will be full of footballers...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>