SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN - Gibson J-45 Vintage (2019)

What's Hot
MSedgMSedg Frets: 117
edited August 2022 in Acoustics £
Hi all,

I’ve been going back and forth about whether to get rid of this one. I’m really keen on having a great mahogany slope shoulder, and for whatever reason this one (the second, and best, J-45 Vintage I’ve owned) isn’t doing it for me. That’s no reflection on the guitar, more the moving target set for me by the tone gods. It’s been on reverb previously, but then took it down before I went on holiday. I thought I’d post it here to see if anyone had a similarly valued slope shoulder they might be interested in trading (alternatively can sell, but more interested in trades). If no interest it’ll be back on the usual sites (or I’ll change my mind again!). They seem to go for £2500-3000ish - I’d take £2600 cash, local pickup preferred but may be able to meet. Near M11 Junction 8.

It’s a 2019 J-45 Vintage. Torrified adirondack top, chunky neck, banner headstock, sounds great, plenty loud. I have it set up with 12-54 GHS Americanas, it has a Rare Earth pickup fitted and comes in a standard Hiscox case. Original case didn’t come with when I bought it, to be honest I prefer it to the weighty Gibson ones - I’ve flown with it with no probs, which I probably wouldn’t countenance with the standard case.

Trades - if possible I’m looking to get into an Atkin J43 or LG47. Alternatives may be considered (mahogany back/sides, slope shoulder) and I’m not put off by honest play wear. I’m not really into Martin-style dreads. Will put up more pics and hopefully video clips during the week. Cheers!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aLDb5y9UwgdvzY2k7

Additional photos now added: https://photos.app.goo.gl/DCHoyF7Gqzgv3RKaA

Sound (recorded a couple of months ago and just re-found): https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/9BNPETn4HTvryKni8
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pjfpjf Frets: 331
    Nice, how much do you want for it?
  • MSedgMSedg Frets: 117
    pjf said:
    Nice, how much do you want for it?
    Sorry - suppose that would be useful info! Amended the listing to include. Didn’t manage to take more pics today but I’ll aim to do so tomorrow if we get decent weather. Cheers!
    edited July 2022
    Bump - to say additional photos *and sound* now added to original post.
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    edited July 2022
    Nice J45 mate.
    Good tone. 

GLWTS!  
    Thanks Mellish! 
    Withdrawn - changed my mind again after a string change to 80/20s!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom