Stonebridge logo

What's Hot
ShadowShadow Frets: 72
There's a 2005 Stonebridge OM22 that I could be tempted by. Rather than the S logo it's got the full name, see link. Does anyone know when the logo changed? 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vA7t6LavFrrzUKvw9

It's priced at £850. Does that seem reasonable given that's it's claimed to be in very good condition? TIA

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited July 2022
    for a solid cedar on mahog,  Id say its pretty good, IF its in good no issues.

There's some newer ones around the £1100   - no idea when the logo changed  

I know the "Stonebridge" brand was aimed at the US market and Furch for Europe/UK 

Im assuming its this one ??

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • ShadowShadow Frets: 72
    Thanks for the reply. Yes that's the one. 
  • TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 241
    I have a mahogany and cedar Takamine and it gives a lovely warm sound. The only thing to watch is, if driven hard, it tends to compress. However, if you're a finger picker, no worries.

Good luck.
  • ShadowShadow Frets: 72
    I have a mahogany and cedar Takamine and it gives a lovely warm sound. The only thing to watch is, if driven hard, it tends to compress. However, if you're a finger picker, no worries.

Good luck.
    I'm 100% a finger picker so that's sounds promising, thanks for that.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Shadow said:

Good luck.
    I'm 100% a finger picker so that's sounds promising, thanks for that.
    Id concur with Mick  -  Ive a parlor thats cedar over Mahog  -  remarkably full and rich for its size
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11460
    I've got that logo on a 2012 but it has a different headstock design.  It's squarer - basically Martin style.

Mine is a 32 series and I picked it up for about £1100 in a Guitar Village Boss Gone Mad Sale.  The way guitar prices have inflated over the last 10 years, £850 seems ok for a 22 series.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5519
    They've played around with the headstock and logo a few times over the years. Mine is from the ones aimed at the UK market circa 2011/2012 when they went with the 'S' logo. They were rebranded Furches as they thought the name would sell better here. They have since ditched that idea and use Furch now and as far as I am aware Stonebridge is now US market only.

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5280
    I owned a couple of Stonebridge guitars, they are decent value for sure, just wonder whether a 2nd hand Taylor might be a better guitar?
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5481
    I think the Stonebridge brand has disappeared even in the USA now, these days Furch sells under its own name. 

I am a big fan of cedar tops. I only have one (a dreadnought) and intend to remedy that lack one of these days. Good luck with it @Shadow ;

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5519
    Tannin said:
    I think the Stonebridge brand has disappeared even in the USA now, these days Furch sells under its own name. 

I am a big fan of cedar tops. I only have one (a dreadnought) and intend to remedy that lack one of these days. Good luck with it @Shadow ;

No they are still on the go but now trade as Stonebridge Guitars International (SGI).

https://www.stonebridgeguitarsinternational.com/

Facebook page is active too with recent posts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5481
    ^ Ahh very interesting! According to their website, the Stonebridge badge was discontinued in 2018 and replaced by the Furch badge. However the American importer (Stonebridge International) is still going and now sells three different brands of guitar: 

* Avnir (said to be made by H. Z. Yong in Singapore)
    * Bridgeport (made somewhere undisclosed, presumably China)
    * The "SGI Collection", which comprises a variety of high-end guitars made and badged by three different companies: Furch (the Rainbow models, badged Furch),  Boucher, and Pelerin.

Their blurb makes them look like very nice instruments, which they probably are.